If Nathan Fillion had only ever done Firefly… his geek cred would still be strong. But this is a man who has shown he’s one of us through-in-through. From playing the Hammer in Dr. Horrible’ Sing-Along Blog to voicing the Green Lantern to coming up with crazy theories on Castle to sweeping Wil Wheaton’s wife off her feet, the guy is just likable as hell.
So with his upcoming birthday on March 27th, Fillion is asking his fans to donate money to build wells for folks dying of water related illnesses… how could we not boost the signal.
This is his note for the campaign on Charitywater.org.
The last two years, you helped celebrate my birthday by building 22 wells for over 8,000 people. That’s something none of us can do on our own, but together with charity: water it’s a piece of cake. But, don’t send cake. We want water. Let’s build even more wells this year.
Thank you in advance, for being amazing right now.
– Every $10 donation enters you and a guest into a chance to win a lunch or dinner date with Nathan (airfare + accommodations included)*
– Every $250 donation gives you 25 entries to win the trip + a signed photograph
– Every $500 donation gives you 50 entires to win the trip + a signed photograph + a thank you tweet from @NathanFillion
– The first 10 people to donate $1,500 get 150 entries to win the trip + a signed photo + a personalized video from Nathan (3 of 10 left)
– The first 5 people to donate $2,500 get 250 entires to win the trip + a signed photo + a personal voicemail from Nathan (2 of 5 left)
*Safety and courtesy are of great importance. If guests become unruly, dangerous, or otherwise behave inappropriately, we reserve the right to have a chaperone end the event.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018