Olivia Wilde is being lured from a very busy film career back to TV, but come on, when it’s HBO and Martin Scorsese and Mick Jagger, how can you resist?
Wilde is joining Bobby Cannavale in the untitled drama which begins filming this summer under the direction of Scorsese himself.
Cannavale will play a record exec in the 1970s who’s struggling to find the new sound that will save his label, and the show:
explores the drug and sex-fueled music business of 1970s New York as punk and disco are on the rise.
Wilde will play his former actress/model wife, who finds herself drawn back into her wilder days as his professional struggles put a strain on their personal life.
Sounds good to me, and you can’t beat this team. Hopefully it gets picked up.
- Fox Cancels Ancient Egypt Drama Hieroglyph Before It Even Airs - June 30, 2014
- David S. Goyer Developing Horror Novel Snowblind As Miniseries Adaptation - June 30, 2014
- Tom Hardy Joins Leonardo Dicaprio In The Revenant - June 30, 2014
- Bill Hader And Kristen Wiig Are The Skeleton Twins In First Trailer - June 30, 2014
- First Look At Henry Cavill As Clark Kent In Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice - June 30, 2014