I’m not sure if Kevin Smith will be bringing that to Batman ’66 Meets the Green Hornet. USA Today announces that it is launching as a bi-weekly digital comic in May and a print comic in June, co-written with Ralph Garman and drawn by legend Ty Templeton.
After all it’s more in the style of the sixties TV show in which urine was rarely seen.
Kevin Smith has also written the Green Hornet for Dynamite of late, and the comic will act as a sequel to the Batman/Green Hornet meeting in the TV show, and will expand upon Batman and Green Hornet having gone to the same school together.
So who’s going to have their head flushed down the toilet then? But even though it will be suitable for kids, they know who it’s really aimed at.
“The core audience is adults like us, people who loved that show and grew up watching it and always dreamed of, ‘Oh, imagine if they had done one more season, there might have been another crossover with the Green Hornet and Kato.’ And so we got to do that.”
- DC Comics to Celebrate Batman’s 80th Birthday With Detective Comics #1000 – But it All Begins in September - August 15, 2018
- Is Iron Man Appropriating Robo-Culture? Tony Stark: Iron Man #3 Spoilers - August 15, 2018
- A Further Tribute to Steve Ditko in Today’s Peter Parker, Spectacular Spider-Man #308 - August 15, 2018
- They Destroyed the Moon – What Have the Justice League Done to the Earth? (Justice League #6 Spoilers) - August 15, 2018
- The Deaths and Rebirths of Infinity War #2 That Even the Characters Don’t Believe (Spoilers) - August 15, 2018