I’m not sure if Kevin Smith will be bringing that to Batman ’66 Meets the Green Hornet. USA Today announces that it is launching as a bi-weekly digital comic in May and a print comic in June, co-written with Ralph Garman and drawn by legend Ty Templeton.
After all it’s more in the style of the sixties TV show in which urine was rarely seen.
Kevin Smith has also written the Green Hornet for Dynamite of late, and the comic will act as a sequel to the Batman/Green Hornet meeting in the TV show, and will expand upon Batman and Green Hornet having gone to the same school together.
So who’s going to have their head flushed down the toilet then? But even though it will be suitable for kids, they know who it’s really aimed at.
“The core audience is adults like us, people who loved that show and grew up watching it and always dreamed of, ‘Oh, imagine if they had done one more season, there might have been another crossover with the Green Hornet and Kato.’ And so we got to do that.”
- The Full DC Comics Catalogue for August 2018 - May 21, 2018
- Frank Miller and John Romita’s Superman: Year One for DC’s Black Label is Late Already - May 21, 2018
- Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, Batwoman Confirmed as Cancelled in August - May 21, 2018
- Stanley “Artgerm” Lau’s First 2 Covers for Fantastic Four #1 - May 21, 2018
- Hellana, Lookers, and Jungle Fantasy for Boundless August 2018 Solicits - May 21, 2018