A few days ago, Bleeding Cool reprinted a tweet that seemed to suggest Dan DiDio were bringing back a cult classic comic. The smart folk told us to think Jack Kirby – Keith Gifen is one of the biggest Kirby admirers you can find and has a style that plays off Kirby wonderfully.
We’ve now been told by sources that it’s Forever People, based on the Kirby comic from 1971 and part of his Fourth World cross continuity epic.
UPDATE: No sooner has this been posted that DC All Access run the story – Infinity Man And The Forever People by DiDio and Giffen, with artwork!
New Gods from New Genesis on a mission to oppose Darkseid, they resembled the flower power generation of the sixties in their actions and mannerisms, rode around on the Super-Cycleand could use a Mother Box to summon the Infinity-Man. The comic lasted eleven issues, and was revived in 1988 by J. M. DeMatteis and Paris Cullins with the original Forever People revealed as humans brought to New Genesis, to protect humanity.
Befor Final Crisis, that was done away with, and they were now seen as the next evolutionary step of the New Gods. And the Infinity Man had been going around killing them. Shock twist! But in the New 52? Nothing… until now.
Given that this is now a lock, it might be worth checking out this 4chan post archived here,
>Superman and ARGUS
>Nightwing and Bluebird
Other points of interest:
>Batman and (…) will be Batman and Carrie Kelly this month.
>Pandora isn’t listed, possibly stealth canceled?
- A Chat with Travis McIntire, Publisher of Source Point Press - January 20, 2018
- What Happens if the Big Two Stop Publishing Comics? Find Out in This New Comic - January 20, 2018
- Comics Creator Mark Campos Has Died, Aged 55 - January 20, 2018
- African American Superhero Comics ‘YouNeek’ Get UK/European Bookstore Distribution Deal - January 20, 2018
- A New Wolverine Comic From Marvel in April 2018… - January 19, 2018