Chris Carter’s take on the apocalypse is becoming a reality. After screening ten pilots for the general public and asking them to vote, Amazong have decided four will becomes series on the premium streaming service, according to Variety, The After among them.
Aldis Hodge, Andrew Howard, Arielle Kebbel, Jamie Kennedy, Sharon Lawrence, Jaina Lee Ortiz, Adrian Pasdar and Louise Monot star in The After as 8 strangers who are thrown together after a mysterious event.
The other drama series ordered is Bosch, based on Michael Connelly’s series of novels about homicide detective Harry Bosch (played by Titus Welliver on the show). The series will see Bosch investigating the murder of a 13 year old boy while standing trial for murder himself, accused of killing a serial killer.
Over on the comedy side, there’s Mozart in the Jungle, a dramedy based on Blair Tindall set behind the scenes of a symphony. Roman Coppola, Jason Schwartzman and Broadway director Alex Timbers put this one together, and Paul Weitz directed the pilot. Gael Garcia Bernal, Saffron Burrows, Lola Kirke, Malcom McDowell, Bernadette Peters and Peter Vack star.
And finally, Transparent – the show I heard most people buzz about via Twitter – has been picked up as well. The comedy from Sundance winner Jill Soloway is about a Los Angeles family with boundary issues. Jeffrey Tambor, Judith Light, Gaby Hoffmann, Amy Landecker and Jay Duplass star, so you can guess the tone of the piece without seeing any of it.
Did you watch any of the pilots? Which are you looking forward to watching as a series?
- Fox Cancels Ancient Egypt Drama Hieroglyph Before It Even Airs - June 30, 2014
- David S. Goyer Developing Horror Novel Snowblind As Miniseries Adaptation - June 30, 2014
- Tom Hardy Joins Leonardo Dicaprio In The Revenant - June 30, 2014
- Bill Hader And Kristen Wiig Are The Skeleton Twins In First Trailer - June 30, 2014
- First Look At Henry Cavill As Clark Kent In Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice - June 30, 2014