Aaron Haaland, of A Comic Shop in Orlando, Florida writes:
Hey Fandom! It’s me, Aaron, talking about new comics now! This is A Comic Show filmed in The Geek Easy! This week was have some more All New Marvel Now’s like Secret Avengers, Batman’s Dark City finale, and a it’s like Christmas for Stray Bullets fans!
Ales Kot is writing Secret Avengers solo now, and his voice is perfect for it. If you like his work on Zero, you won’t be disappointed here. If you’re in my area at all, you can meet Kot and Tradd Moore in person and get the book signed! The duo are on tour, so keep an eye out for them.
Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo’s Batman Zero Year comes to it’s second crescendo of their New 52 Bat origin with #29. I’m enjoying the hell out of this run on Batman and I think a decade from now people will still be seeking out these stories in collections.
Over at Image there’s the normal favorites of The Walking Dead and East of West, but I’m so super excited for the Stray Bullets books! David Lapham’s Stray Bullets was one of the greatest titles of the nineties, and now it’s in print for new readers to discover the innocence of nihilism! The fact that this isn’t just a nostalgic romp is icing. There’s a new volume; Stray Bullets: Killers #1! You don’t have to have read the previous volume to get into this, and at least this one issue doesn’t spoil anything from before if you haven’t. I highly recommend anyone who likes any crime comic to try the new volume’s #1 (but be prepared to go back for the uber collection).
- Giant Robots, Ninja Turtles, Monster Motors And More – Talking With Nick Roche - October 26, 2015
- Processing The Troop: Behind The Page With Joshua Cassara - October 26, 2015
- What Bengal Wants: More Wolverine Covers & Work With Rick Remender - October 23, 2015
- A Story That Keeps You Coming Back For More – We Stand On Guard So Far (#1-4) - October 23, 2015
- ‘Let’s Start A System Where The Creators Get Most Of The Money’ – David Lloyd Talks ACES Weekly - October 23, 2015