True Detective just wrapped up its first season (with, in my opinion, a near perfect finale) and creator/writer Nic Pizzolatto has been talking to the press about it and about what’s next.
In an interview with EW, Pizzolatto delves into the many themes and characterizations of season 1, but did offer this new insight into next season with this tagline:
The basic idea: Hard women, bad men, and the secret occult history of the U.S. transportation system.
Unless he’s kidding, though I’ve yet to see him kid around too much in his interviews, there’s our first glimpse of the future. The tagline’s inclusion of the word “women” is probably no accident and in direct response to some of the charges of sexism the first season 2 received – fairly or unfairly – and occult is certainly to be expected, but “transportation system”? That one’s a head scratcher.
- Fox Cancels Ancient Egypt Drama Hieroglyph Before It Even Airs - June 30, 2014
- David S. Goyer Developing Horror Novel Snowblind As Miniseries Adaptation - June 30, 2014
- Tom Hardy Joins Leonardo Dicaprio In The Revenant - June 30, 2014
- Bill Hader And Kristen Wiig Are The Skeleton Twins In First Trailer - June 30, 2014
- First Look At Henry Cavill As Clark Kent In Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice - June 30, 2014