This is the problem with modern day comic books. There just aren’t enough white male characters. And the All-New Ultimates #1 makes that very clear, from Michel Fiffe and Amilcar Pinna.
Featuring Spider-Man, Black Widow, Kitty Pryde, Bombshell, Cloak and Dagger, it’s just another example of instutionalised racism against white male characters in modern comics.
People say they’ll never sell, but how will you know if you don’t try?
The comic sees a super-powered gang war kicking off in New York, specifically Hell’s Kitchen. They must be incensed at the poor quality of a batch of humus, or something.
But Hell’s Kitchen isn’t the new Ultimates’ only problem. Diamondback and her gang of Serpent Skulls run the city’s drug & weapons trade and deal in citywide terror. NYPD detective Brigid O’Reilly and her anti-gang unit are on the hunt for Scourge, a new serial killer who’s exterminating anyone in a mask. They’ll get close, but not without a few casualties! And that’s just the first issue!
- The Wakanda Intergalactic Empire – Just Like Everyone Other Empire, in Black Panther #1 - May 23, 2018
- Sandman and Seeds on Front and Back of Next Week’s Diamond Previews - May 23, 2018
- Dark Horse Launches Frozen, Predator, Terminator, Seeds, Incognegro, Beasts Of Burden, Conspiracy Of Ravens in August 2018 Solicitations - May 23, 2018
- Leviathan, Cold Spots, Perdy, Hey Kids! Comics, Crowded, Stairway and L’il Donnie Launch From Image in August 2018 Solicits - May 23, 2018
- Peter Milligan Signing at Orbital Comics in London Tonight - May 23, 2018