This is the problem with modern day comic books. There just aren’t enough white male characters. And the All-New Ultimates #1 makes that very clear, from Michel Fiffe and Amilcar Pinna.
Featuring Spider-Man, Black Widow, Kitty Pryde, Bombshell, Cloak and Dagger, it’s just another example of instutionalised racism against white male characters in modern comics.
People say they’ll never sell, but how will you know if you don’t try?
The comic sees a super-powered gang war kicking off in New York, specifically Hell’s Kitchen. They must be incensed at the poor quality of a batch of humus, or something.
But Hell’s Kitchen isn’t the new Ultimates’ only problem. Diamondback and her gang of Serpent Skulls run the city’s drug & weapons trade and deal in citywide terror. NYPD detective Brigid O’Reilly and her anti-gang unit are on the hunt for Scourge, a new serial killer who’s exterminating anyone in a mask. They’ll get close, but not without a few casualties! And that’s just the first issue!
- The Full DC Comics Catalog for February 2019 – Going Young - November 19, 2018
- Will Heroes In Crisis #6 Feature Oculus Rift or Playstation VR? - November 19, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Dan DiDio and Kenneth Rocafort’s Sideways - November 19, 2018
- Lion Forge to Translate and Expand Palle Schmidt’s Crime Thriller, Stiletto - November 19, 2018
- The Man Who Reinvented Flintstones and Snagglepuss Does the Same For Red Sonja - November 19, 2018