French comics publisher Casterman is to simultaneously release the next volume of one of its biggest hit comics in May.
Airborne 44 by Philippe Jarbinet is a war comic set in World War II and very successful series in the French market. ‘No Way Out’ is the brand new fifth album in the series but can be read independently from the previous four.
It will be released it simultaneously in French and English on the occasion of the 70th anniversary of D-Day and the Battle of Normandy, and will keep the French oversized hardcover format.
The previous three volumes haven’t been translated. But if this goes well, the idea may spread. The French market is larger than the English market and produces many high quality comics that never get seen in the UK or the USA.
Here are some shots of the pages being delivered to the editor. as well as as some black-and-white versions of the pages…
- Jorge Molina And RB Silva Join Charles Soule On Astonishing X-Men? - July 25, 2017
- Hang On, Why Am I Being Asked To Preview Tomorrow’s Pitiful Human Lizard #14? - July 25, 2017
- X-Men Blue And Gold Enjoy Time And Relative Dimensions In Space For Marvel Legacy - July 25, 2017
- Being Spider-Man And Holding A Pig At San Diego Comic-Con - July 25, 2017
- Alex Ross’s Design For The Post-Secret Empire Marvel Legacy Falcon - July 25, 2017