French comics publisher Casterman is to simultaneously release the next volume of one of its biggest hit comics in May.
Airborne 44 by Philippe Jarbinet is a war comic set in World War II and very successful series in the French market. ‘No Way Out’ is the brand new fifth album in the series but can be read independently from the previous four.
It will be released it simultaneously in French and English on the occasion of the 70th anniversary of D-Day and the Battle of Normandy, and will keep the French oversized hardcover format.
The previous three volumes haven’t been translated. But if this goes well, the idea may spread. The French market is larger than the English market and produces many high quality comics that never get seen in the UK or the USA.
Here are some shots of the pages being delivered to the editor. as well as as some black-and-white versions of the pages…
- Justice League Of America Tops Advance Reorders, Followed By Image’s 25th Birthday - January 19, 2017
- Second Prints For Unstoppable Wasp, IVX And The Few - January 19, 2017
- Dan Panosian Talks To Bleeding Cool About Working With Joe Quesada On The X-Men Comic That Appears In The Logan Movie - January 19, 2017
- There’s A DC Comic In The January Loot Crate…. - January 19, 2017
- How The Green Lanterns Comic Tackles Anxiety In A Remarkably Superheroic Fashion - January 19, 2017