French comics publisher Casterman is to simultaneously release the next volume of one of its biggest hit comics in May.
Airborne 44 by Philippe Jarbinet is a war comic set in World War II and very successful series in the French market. ‘No Way Out’ is the brand new fifth album in the series but can be read independently from the previous four.
It will be released it simultaneously in French and English on the occasion of the 70th anniversary of D-Day and the Battle of Normandy, and will keep the French oversized hardcover format.
The previous three volumes haven’t been translated. But if this goes well, the idea may spread. The French market is larger than the English market and produces many high quality comics that never get seen in the UK or the USA.
Here are some shots of the pages being delivered to the editor. as well as as some black-and-white versions of the pages…
- DC Comics to Publish English Translation of Batman & the Justice League Manga - March 18, 2018
- Solicits for DC Ink and Zoom Titles Mera, Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass, and DC Super Hero Girls: Search for Atlantis - March 18, 2018
- Brian Michael Bendis’s Creator-Owned Comics to Cost Less from DC Than Marvel - March 18, 2018
- 8 More Absolute/Omnibus Books from DC Comics, from Flashpoint to Before Watchmen - March 18, 2018
- Adapting Madness – Bringing H.P. Lovecraft’s World to Life - March 18, 2018