It originally aired April 6th, 1967 and is arguably considered one of the best Star Trek episodes every produced. City On The Edge Of Forever was written by Harlan Ellison and according to the writer, there is much more to the story as the original teleplay was modified before it was filmed.
Now IDW Publishing is taking that original teleplay and turning it into a comic mini-series. Overseen by Ellison himself, the series will be adapted by Scott Tipton and David Tipton with interior art painted by J. K. Woodward. There will also be variant covers by Juan Ortiz who got notoriety for doing his interpretation of every Star Trek: The Original Series episode as well as movie poster artist Paul Shipper.
Harlan Ellison says: “It was a superlative joy of my long life to have worked with Leonard Nimoy, who became my friend, and many others at Star Trek; and an equally heart-happy joy to be working with J.K. and the Tipton Bros. and Chris Ryall on this long-awaited visual of my (humbly, I say it) brilliant original ‘City…’”
Star Trek: Harlan Ellison’s Original City on the Edge of Forever Teleplay #1 (of 5) will be available in June.
- NFL Post-Mortem: The 2017 Pittsburgh Steelers - February 24, 2018
- John Oliver Victorious: Lawsuit Against Last Week Tonight Dismissed - February 24, 2018
- Flash Season 4: What Does Iris West-Allen’s Costume Tell Us? - February 24, 2018
- Arrow Season 6: Back for Only 2 Weeks Before Taking Another Night Off - February 24, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: Angela Zhou Added to Cast; Is She the Third Worldkiller? - February 24, 2018