We mentioned how the character of Onyx, appearing in Green Arrow last month was looking a little on the pale side compared to her previous appearances in DC comics. When pressed, writer Jeff Lemire set the record straight.
— Jeff Lemire (@JeffLemire) February 6, 2014
Well, as of this week, we get to see Onyx again in the new issue of Green Arrow, and she has returned to a darker skin colour.
Wonder if the earlier issue will be amended for the collection?
Swatchmen is an irregular look at how the ethnicity of characters in comicbooks varies from one appearance or iteration to another.
- Who Watches The Watchmen? Geoff Johns Does, At San Diego Comic-Con With The First Panels Of ‘Doomsday Clock’ - July 20, 2017
- Watch Halle Berry Chug A Glass Of Whisky At San Diego Comic-Con’s ‘Kingsman’ Panel - July 20, 2017
- The Props Of Blade Runner At San Diego Comic-Con – With A Surprise Appearance From Adam Savage - July 20, 2017
- Steven Moffat And Sue Vertue Talk Sherlock Holmes And Manga At San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2017
- Jakks Pacific’s San Diego Comic-Con Panel In 61 Photos – Will We Get A Nightwing Toy Now? - July 20, 2017