My frustration with much of what is going on in comics has at least in a large part been set in motion for a reversal. When the Beatles wrote “I get by with a little help from my friends” they had no idea the level of people that would one day join forces like a modern day superhero team to form a comic book organization like no other. This group of retailers are unsurpassed in their knowledge of the industry, fortitude of character and strength of their voices. It is my pleasure and honor to team up with Randy Myers, Dominic Postiglione, Larry’s Comics, Jetpack Comics, Jesse James, Chandler Rice, Aaron Haaland and Richard Nelson to start the Comic Book Retailer Alliance. An advocacy group for the protection of the local comic shop (lcs) and the for a future in print comics for all creators. Way more information to come.
Last week saw the Comics PRO retailer group meet in Atlanta, Georgia. This grouping seems to have been set up directly opposed to that.
You may notice a number of names familiar to Bleeding Cool. Dennis Barger, the man who objected to a certain Powerpuff Girls comic cover. Jesse James, who often writes from comic conventions for Bleeding Cool, and Aaron Haaland who appears every week on A Comic Show.
But will they attract more? How will the operate differently to Comics PRO? And what mad plans do they have to boost the comics marketplace?
And is it more than Larry just piling up copies of Crisis On Infinite Earths #1 next to the till today?
- Umbrella Academy: Hotel Oblivion Finally Coming From Gerard Way And Gabriel Bá In 2018 - July 21, 2017
- November Gets A Justice League Day, And Harley Quinn Will Take Over Batman Day - July 21, 2017
- DC SVP Says Doomsday Clock #1 Will Be The Best-Selling Comic Of The Year, Then Run For 12 Issues - July 21, 2017
- Todd McFarlane And ‘Get Out’ Producers To Make Spawn Film - July 21, 2017
- DC Comics SVP Says Retailers Should Have Ordered More Copies Of Metal #1 - July 21, 2017