With news of an upcoming Constantine series, Stephen Bissette, co-creator of the character wrote a letter to DC Comics which he posted on his facebook page. You can read between the lines a bit here if you want… it’s not hard to do.
Dear DC Comics:
How are you this morning? Nice to hear.
Look, I’m the ONLY original Constantine co-creator active online.
And with CONSTANTINE getting so much attention lately, and me being the only original co-creator online, I’m getting a lot of requests for this and that—interviews. Podcasts. Etc.
So, in your corporate mind, what should I do?
Every time you ramp up the Constantine or Swamp Thing whatever, someone at DC apparently resents anything I might say—or so I’m occasionally told—but I have no idea what’s going on from your end.
I mean, if you want me “in the loop,” or to shut the hell up, or to behave, or to misbehave, or whatever-it-is-you-want, you really DO know how to reach me.
Well, anyhoot, I sincerely hope all is well with you, congrats on the spiffy new TV show upcoming, everyone really seems so excited about it, and since all I see out here is all everyone else sees out here, and it begs so many obvious questions, which people then ask me, directly, I just thought you should know what a conundrum all this is.
And it gets to be more of a quandary daily now.
PS: I appreciate you have “bigger fish to fry.” I mean, your NY offices are fighting winter, while you CA offices are in a major draught. It must be hell.
Thanks and take care—stay warm, or have a bottle of water (Hydrate! Hydrate!), and nice per usual to hear from you…
“Steve” aka Stephen Bissette
- Forging Hephaestus: Drew Hayes Builds a Universe from the Villains’ POV - January 19, 2018
- Joseph Michael Linsner Shares Original Designs for 30th Anniversary Dawn Statue - January 19, 2018
- Black Lightning Season 1: How Long Before Anissa Suits Up as Thunder? - January 19, 2018
- Drew Carey to Guest Star on NCIS as Former Marine Accused of Murder - January 19, 2018
- Writer’s Commentary – Aleš Kot on James Bond: The Body #1 - January 19, 2018