This is from The Marvel Tribune #7, a comics fanzine published June/July 1968.
That was the year that Iron Man, Nick Fury, Sub Mariner, Silver Surfer, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Captain America, and Hulk got their own titles, some splitting out of the long-running anthologies where they had been running like Strange Tales and Tales Of Suspense. It’s also when Ultron was introduced in the Avengers. And a prime time for rumors that Stan Lee had embezzled money from the company, had been fired and would be sued to spread. Thankfully with Marvel’s Assistant Editor Gary E Friedrich on hand to scotch them. They still printed them though.Of course, Martin Goodman sold Marvel that autumn. Who knows what was really going on or where those rumors came from?
- Rewriting Superman From Scratch In Action Comics #978 – With A Little Help From Secret Origin - April 24, 2017
- The Fake Jack Kirby Art That Sold For Over $2500 On eBay? - April 24, 2017
- Let’s All Watch A Video About How Diamond Have Changed Their Olive Branch Distribution Centre - April 24, 2017
- Does Your Copy Of Secret Empire #0 Have A Misprint On Page 2? - April 24, 2017
- Process Is The Topic of the Day At C2E2’s Writing For Comics Panel - April 24, 2017