This is from The Marvel Tribune #7, a comics fanzine published June/July 1968.
That was the year that Iron Man, Nick Fury, Sub Mariner, Silver Surfer, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Captain America, and Hulk got their own titles, some splitting out of the long-running anthologies where they had been running like Strange Tales and Tales Of Suspense. It’s also when Ultron was introduced in the Avengers. And a prime time for rumors that Stan Lee had embezzled money from the company, had been fired and would be sued to spread. Thankfully with Marvel’s Assistant Editor Gary E Friedrich on hand to scotch them. They still printed them though.Of course, Martin Goodman sold Marvel that autumn. Who knows what was really going on or where those rumors came from?
- Doing Alan Moore Justice – Pat Shand on Writing Crossed+100: Mimic - May 23, 2018
- A Comic Show: Black Panthers in Space… - May 23, 2018
- When Wyatt Cenac and Dean Haspiel Created Thorgood - May 23, 2018
- Welcome to the Latest Members of DC Comics’ Superman and Batman Families (Super Sons #16 Spoilers) - May 23, 2018
- OBLIV18N by Netflix Punisher’s Ken Kristensen in Scout Comics August 2018 Solicits - May 23, 2018