This is from The Marvel Tribune #7, a comics fanzine published June/July 1968.
That was the year that Iron Man, Nick Fury, Sub Mariner, Silver Surfer, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Captain America, and Hulk got their own titles, some splitting out of the long-running anthologies where they had been running like Strange Tales and Tales Of Suspense. It’s also when Ultron was introduced in the Avengers. And a prime time for rumors that Stan Lee had embezzled money from the company, had been fired and would be sued to spread. Thankfully with Marvel’s Assistant Editor Gary E Friedrich on hand to scotch them. They still printed them though.Of course, Martin Goodman sold Marvel that autumn. Who knows what was really going on or where those rumors came from?
- What Happened To Everyone In Love Actually, Revealed With Screencaps - March 24, 2017
- US Senators Want To Know Ike Perlmutter’s Comings And Goings - March 24, 2017
- Peter Kaye’s Car Share Series 2 Debuts At UK Cinemas Next Friday For Comic Relief - March 24, 2017
- A Few Comic Book Exclusives For WonderCon 2017… - March 24, 2017
- San Diego Comic Con To Open A Comics Museum In San Diego, In 2018 - March 24, 2017