This is from The Marvel Tribune #7, a comics fanzine published June/July 1968.
That was the year that Iron Man, Nick Fury, Sub Mariner, Silver Surfer, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Captain America, and Hulk got their own titles, some splitting out of the long-running anthologies where they had been running like Strange Tales and Tales Of Suspense. It’s also when Ultron was introduced in the Avengers. And a prime time for rumors that Stan Lee had embezzled money from the company, had been fired and would be sued to spread. Thankfully with Marvel’s Assistant Editor Gary E Friedrich on hand to scotch them. They still printed them though.Of course, Martin Goodman sold Marvel that autumn. Who knows what was really going on or where those rumors came from?
- Jason Aaron and Sara Pichelli’s Avengers for Free Comic Book Day 2018 - February 21, 2018
- All the Image Expo 2018 Announcements and All the Art in One Place - February 21, 2018
- Sam and Twitch Get a New Comic, True Detectives, at #ImageExpo - February 21, 2018
- Confirmed: Image Comics Will Publish All the Millarworld Netflix Comics Too - February 21, 2018
- Gerry Duggan and John McCrea’s Dead Rabbit from #ImageExpo - February 21, 2018