We know the main villain The Avengers: Age of Ultron is James Spader (and maybe a bit of Paul Bettany), but we also know that the movie will kick off with another familiar foe, Baron Wolfgang von Strucker, to be played by Thomas Kretschmann.
The HYDRA leader is expected to be out of the picture relatively quickly to make way for Ultron, but it appears he will likely pop back up in a later MCU movie. We knew he’d signed on for multiple movies, but the actor confirms to B. Z. Berlin (via Comic Book Movie) that plans may already be in place to revisit his character:
I have a multi-picture deal which means I will not only appear in the 2nd part, but they’re planning with me for a longer period of time. But I don’t know details yet, they’re keeping their cards close to their chest – top secret!
And Baron von Strucker may have already made his appearance on one of the international sets of the Avengers sequel, as Kretschmann also relayed his nervousness at being part of Joss Whedon’s massive production:
I was overprepared; then on the set I went up to Joss Whedon, who passes for a genius, and said ‘this is my first day, this is huge, please have patience with me, I’m a bit nervous.’
The Avengers: Age of Ultron will be released on May 1, 2015.
- Fox Cancels Ancient Egypt Drama Hieroglyph Before It Even Airs - June 30, 2014
- David S. Goyer Developing Horror Novel Snowblind As Miniseries Adaptation - June 30, 2014
- Tom Hardy Joins Leonardo Dicaprio In The Revenant - June 30, 2014
- Bill Hader And Kristen Wiig Are The Skeleton Twins In First Trailer - June 30, 2014
- First Look At Henry Cavill As Clark Kent In Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice - June 30, 2014