Image Comics is going back to the zombies of the Vietnam War in the latest offering from Meatgrinder Studios, ’68: Rule of War. The four-issue mini-series by Mark Kidwell, Jeff Zornow and Jay Fotos changes the focus from the zombies to more human monsters.
The new series follows CIA Special Agent Declan Rule and his dog Nero as they hunt down a neurosurgeon who is using POW’s for grisly and inhuman experiments.
“Readers will see how a human imagination, backed up by years of medical and scientific education, can take a threat like a shambling, cannibalistic demon and make it worse by wiring it to a radio transmitter frequency, packing it with high explosives and aiming it at an unsuspecting opposition,” said Kidwell. “Also, with the dead, surgical application and augmentation could be performed without boundaries. The threat of ‘losing’ a patient due to lab table trauma is zero as long as you don’t destroy the brain. Think Frankenstein on steroids with the bedside manner of Joseph Stalin and you’re getting warm.”
’68: Rule Of War #1 will be available April 2nd with covers by Nat Jones and Clayton Crain plus there will be a blank sketch cover as well.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018