PLUNGING THE DEPTHS
SUPERHEROES ON THE SLOPES
Francesco Francavilla designs the Winter Olympic look for superheroes…
THE WHITE HOUSE OF IDEAS
“Basically I’m here to announce that we’re building Iron Man.” Man, Obama is a geek…
The ComicsPRO retailer meeting in Georgia, Atlanta (and how many times have I written that sentence?) has been rocking all sorts of comics media, including our own with reports of Valiant shot glasses, retailer exclusive comics, Meredith Finch writing Wonder Woman, the return of DC’s 3D Covers for 2014’s DC-wide September event and a spinoff weekly, more themed covers and a disputed cancellation of All Star Western. More to come today…
Bill Watterson has drawn his first published cartoon since the end of Calvin And Hobbes, eighteen years ago, as a documentary film poster. And is that an all-grown up Calvin getting naked? The documentary it portrays is a self described “love letter to comic strips” that include interviews with Jeff Keane, Richard Thompson and Bill Watterson himself.
Watterson told The Washington Post, “Given the movie’s title and the fact that there are few things funnier than human nudity, the idea popped into my head largely intact. The film is a big valentine to comics, so I tried to do something really cartoon-y.”
Thanks to Macey Lavoie for the assist.
- No Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider Past #25? - August 21, 2018
- Roy Thomas’s Origin of Red Sonja to Be Published by Dynamite in November - August 21, 2018
- Bettie Page Comes to London in November from Dynamite - August 21, 2018
- Ralph Macchio Prepares for Into the Spider-Verse Movie - August 21, 2018
- Marvel’s New Han Solo Stories About His Time in the Empire - August 21, 2018