PLUNGING THE DEPTHS
SUPERHEROES ON THE SLOPES
Francesco Francavilla designs the Winter Olympic look for superheroes…
THE WHITE HOUSE OF IDEAS
“Basically I’m here to announce that we’re building Iron Man.” Man, Obama is a geek…
The ComicsPRO retailer meeting in Georgia, Atlanta (and how many times have I written that sentence?) has been rocking all sorts of comics media, including our own with reports of Valiant shot glasses, retailer exclusive comics, Meredith Finch writing Wonder Woman, the return of DC’s 3D Covers for 2014’s DC-wide September event and a spinoff weekly, more themed covers and a disputed cancellation of All Star Western. More to come today…
Bill Watterson has drawn his first published cartoon since the end of Calvin And Hobbes, eighteen years ago, as a documentary film poster. And is that an all-grown up Calvin getting naked? The documentary it portrays is a self described “love letter to comic strips” that include interviews with Jeff Keane, Richard Thompson and Bill Watterson himself.
Watterson told The Washington Post, “Given the movie’s title and the fact that there are few things funnier than human nudity, the idea popped into my head largely intact. The film is a big valentine to comics, so I tried to do something really cartoon-y.”
Thanks to Macey Lavoie for the assist.
- Two Meta-Looks at Comics From Marvel and DC This Week - October 19, 2018
- Archie Comics Cancels Their Marvel Digest Volumes - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Challenge Another Punisher Trademark Application by Militia Group - October 19, 2018
- So Why Are There No Comic Book Unions Then? - October 19, 2018
- Jim Steranko, Ron Frenz, George Perez, Barry Kitson and Alan Davis on The Liberty Brigade - October 19, 2018