This week Bleeding Cool announced that David Finch was the new artist on Wonder Woman, taking over from Cliff Chiang.
But would Finch write it himself in place of Brian Azzarello? Was there another writer involved? If so, who was he?
It turns out that the person in question is a writer relatively new to comics. Writing them at least, to many comic convention goers, she will be rather familiar.
Spilling out of gossip at ComicsPRO, currently running its DC Comics Day, Bleeding Cool has learnt that the individual in question is one Meredith Finch, David’s wife. And agent, and manager and now… writer of Wonder Woman.
Married creative teams are not that common in comics, though they do pop up. The Immonens, the Kesels, the Simonsons, etc. Well, it looks like you can add Finches to the list.
Meredith has other comic book writing credits to her name, for Zenescope’s Tales From Oz. As David conveniently tweeted earlier today.
Tales From Oz 2: The Cowardly Lion written by Meredith Finch is out! My wife is working on a few projects for @Zenescope upcoming too
— David Finch (@dfinchartist) February 27, 2014
But this will be quite the step up. Congratulations, Meredith! And congratulations, David!
Also, she will be the only sixth woman to have written Wonder Woman after Dann Thomas, Gail Simone, Mindy Newell, Trina Robbins, and Jodi Picoult.
- Separated at Bath: Rob Liefeld and the New Domino Annual - July 22, 2018
- How Many Times Can Marvel Exclusively Give Away the Same Exclusive Variant Cover at San Diego Comic-Con? - July 22, 2018
- Marvel True Believers Panel Previews Squirrel Girl, Marvel Rising, Spider-Man/Deadpool, Domino, Runaways, and Many More - July 22, 2018
- A Look Inside the Increasingly Late Mister Miracle at San Diego Comic-Con - July 22, 2018
- Swag from the Marvel True Believers Panel at San Diego Comic-Con - July 22, 2018