This week Bleeding Cool announced that David Finch was the new artist on Wonder Woman, taking over from Cliff Chiang.
But would Finch write it himself in place of Brian Azzarello? Was there another writer involved? If so, who was he?
It turns out that the person in question is a writer relatively new to comics. Writing them at least, to many comic convention goers, she will be rather familiar.
Spilling out of gossip at ComicsPRO, currently running its DC Comics Day, Bleeding Cool has learnt that the individual in question is one Meredith Finch, David’s wife. And agent, and manager and now… writer of Wonder Woman.
Married creative teams are not that common in comics, though they do pop up. The Immonens, the Kesels, the Simonsons, etc. Well, it looks like you can add Finches to the list.
Meredith has other comic book writing credits to her name, for Zenescope’s Tales From Oz. As David conveniently tweeted earlier today.
Tales From Oz 2: The Cowardly Lion written by Meredith Finch is out! My wife is working on a few projects for @Zenescope upcoming too
— David Finch (@dfinchartist) February 27, 2014
But this will be quite the step up. Congratulations, Meredith! And congratulations, David!
Also, she will be the only sixth woman to have written Wonder Woman after Dann Thomas, Gail Simone, Mindy Newell, Trina Robbins, and Jodi Picoult.
- Taking The Comics Out Of Comics - April 30, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 30th April 2017 “The X-Men Are Big Sellers And Marvel Seems To Have Suddenly Remembered That” - April 30, 2017
- Grief For A Dollar - April 30, 2017
- George Pérez “Doing Great, Feeling Much Better” - April 30, 2017
- Entering The Spill Zone With Scott Westerfeld Ahead Of Free Comic Book Day - April 29, 2017