They made a big splash in September 2013. If you could get them. The 3D lenticular covers used to launch Villains Month. And hideously underprinted as China ran out of enough plastic to make them (apparently) leaving retailers heavily allocated and everyone scrabbling to get a 3D cover for Joker’s Daughter.
But now… they’re back! Announced at DC Day at ComicsPRO Retailer Summit in Atlanta, Georgia, DC Comics will be bringing them back for the September event in 2014… more details when we have them. Will they illustrate the Five Years Later future versions of the characters as we’ve been expecting?
And retailers will have to solidify orders at the end of May, well ahead of the usual schedule. Aiming to avoid allocation this time…
UPDATE: Yes, yes, as we reported in October 2013, September 2014 will feature all the DC books pushed forwards to the Five Years Later timeline as seen in Future’s End. What will we see? Batwoman’s marriage? Lois and Clark’s son? Lex Luthor’s fully grown Superman clone? Many things to anticipate! And everyone, naturally, with a new costume for the cover…
This time, however, expect a little more preparation from DC…
UPDATE x2: Newsarama, as well as being given this lovely gif by DC PR were also given confirmation of October’s news, including that it would spin off into another weekly title.
- Justice League Of America Tops Advance Reorders, Followed By Image’s 25th Birthday - January 19, 2017
- Second Prints For Unstoppable Wasp, IVX And The Few - January 19, 2017
- Dan Panosian Talks To Bleeding Cool About Working With Joe Quesada On The X-Men Comic That Appears In The Logan Movie - January 19, 2017
- There’s A DC Comic In The January Loot Crate…. - January 19, 2017
- How The Green Lanterns Comic Tackles Anxiety In A Remarkably Superheroic Fashion - January 19, 2017