They made a big splash in September 2013. If you could get them. The 3D lenticular covers used to launch Villains Month. And hideously underprinted as China ran out of enough plastic to make them (apparently) leaving retailers heavily allocated and everyone scrabbling to get a 3D cover for Joker’s Daughter.
But now… they’re back! Announced at DC Day at ComicsPRO Retailer Summit in Atlanta, Georgia, DC Comics will be bringing them back for the September event in 2014… more details when we have them. Will they illustrate the Five Years Later future versions of the characters as we’ve been expecting?
And retailers will have to solidify orders at the end of May, well ahead of the usual schedule. Aiming to avoid allocation this time…
UPDATE: Yes, yes, as we reported in October 2013, September 2014 will feature all the DC books pushed forwards to the Five Years Later timeline as seen in Future’s End. What will we see? Batwoman’s marriage? Lois and Clark’s son? Lex Luthor’s fully grown Superman clone? Many things to anticipate! And everyone, naturally, with a new costume for the cover…
This time, however, expect a little more preparation from DC…
UPDATE x2: Newsarama, as well as being given this lovely gif by DC PR were also given confirmation of October’s news, including that it would spin off into another weekly title.
- Brenden Fletcher and Karl Kerschl Finally Bring Isola to Image Comics for April 2018 - January 18, 2018
- You Are Invited to the Wedding of Kitty Pryde and Colossus… - January 18, 2018
- Avengers #676 and Ice Cream Man #1 Sell Out, Go to Second Printing - January 18, 2018
- …And a New Face for Iron Circus Comics, No Longer at Diamond - January 18, 2018
- New Faces at Diamond Comic Distributors… - January 18, 2018