They made a big splash in September 2013. If you could get them. The 3D lenticular covers used to launch Villains Month. And hideously underprinted as China ran out of enough plastic to make them (apparently) leaving retailers heavily allocated and everyone scrabbling to get a 3D cover for Joker’s Daughter.
But now… they’re back! Announced at DC Day at ComicsPRO Retailer Summit in Atlanta, Georgia, DC Comics will be bringing them back for the September event in 2014… more details when we have them. Will they illustrate the Five Years Later future versions of the characters as we’ve been expecting?
And retailers will have to solidify orders at the end of May, well ahead of the usual schedule. Aiming to avoid allocation this time…
UPDATE: Yes, yes, as we reported in October 2013, September 2014 will feature all the DC books pushed forwards to the Five Years Later timeline as seen in Future’s End. What will we see? Batwoman’s marriage? Lois and Clark’s son? Lex Luthor’s fully grown Superman clone? Many things to anticipate! And everyone, naturally, with a new costume for the cover…
This time, however, expect a little more preparation from DC…
UPDATE x2: Newsarama, as well as being given this lovely gif by DC PR were also given confirmation of October’s news, including that it would spin off into another weekly title.
- Entering The Spill Zone With Scott Westerfeld Ahead Of Free Comic Book Day - April 29, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: On Thin Ice – From Black Jesus To Punching Nazis - April 29, 2017
- Comic Creators At Ru Paul’s Drag Con, In Los Angeles This Weekend - April 29, 2017
- Separated At Birth – Moonstruck And Brave Chef Brianna? - April 29, 2017
- No, Calgary, Wonder Woman Isn’t Published By Marvel Comics… - April 29, 2017