Variety is reporting that the TV Series based on the long running French comic anthology Metal Hurlant has been picked up by the SyFy channel to start airing episodes in April. The second season of the series is wrapping up filming now but the deal has both seasons going to air in the U.S.
The series produced by We Productions and directed by Guillaume Lubrano has taken a variety of tales from the like of Alejandro Jodorowsky to Geoff Johns and converted them to 22 minute episodes. Its included the acting talent of James Marsters, Scott Adkins, Michael Jai White, Michelle Ryan, Joe Flanigan and Rutger Hauer.
The magazine that inspired the series was founded by Moebius and Philippe Druillet and published by Humanoids. It came to the U.S. as Heavy Metal.
The reason I’m extra excited? One of the episodes in season one is based on a short story I wrote and I did the screenplay – Shelter Me staring James Marsters and Michelle Ryan. I also worked on two of the scripts in season two. So I’m over here smiling away and waiting for April.
- Supergirl Season Finale – Live Blog - May 22, 2017
- Brooklyn Decker Wants To Get Into Cam Newton’s Clothes - May 22, 2017
- Making Wonder Woman’s Shield - May 22, 2017
- Exclusive First Look At Dynamite’s Masked Men And Pulp Heroes Comics Shipping August 2017 - May 22, 2017
- Here Comes Hellboy Hell Water – Cinnamon Whiskey That Packs A Punch - May 22, 2017