Further to our previous information that the new TV Constantine is to be blond Brit, I can now share a little more information about where the show will go should it get picked up for a full run. Only the pilot has been commissioned so far but, unless that turns out to be a turkey, you can expect to see a full series screening this autumn.
The pilot episode is set in and around New York. Some scenes take place in the Ravenscar Psychiatric Hospital, which was located in the UK in the Hellblazer comics but has been moved over the Atlantic for the purposes of TV. As far as I can tell, the intended series is meant to stick to New York too, special episodes or temporary trips to other locales notwithstanding.
Introduced in the pilot, with a subplot providing him a kind of origin, is the character of Papa Midnite. As the series runs on, we’ll see Midnite and Constantine facing off again and again, as the stakes get higher and higher.
Again, plans for the series won’t come to anything if the pilot isn’t well received. And if it’s received only moderately well and set back for a rewiring, lord alone knows how much of the “big picture” plan will get rewritten.
Right now though, expect a lot of familiar characters, a lot of familiar storylines and some complete reinvention of those ideas to make them all fit in a new, interwoven arc.
You know, this might just work. It might take it’s time to find it’s feet too, but there are certainly some good plans in place.
Neil Marshall is set to direct the pilot episode from a script by Daniel Cerone and a story by Cerone and David Goyer.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014