Bleeding Cool has learned from informed sources that rockstar comic book artist David Finch, recently on Dark Knight and currently on Forever Evil, will be moving onto DC’s monthly Wonder Woman comic.
I hear there were considerable machinations at the publisher before this appointment, but this will follow on from the end of Brian Azzarello and Cliff Chiang‘s acclaimed run on the title.
It will also probably mean a considerable change of tone for the character and the comic, somewhere closer to the Justice League portrayal rather than the uncompromising harsh tale of gods and goddesses at play that has been the comic since the New 52 relaunch.
There has been an increasing difference in the way Wonder Woman is treated in her own book and everywhere else in the DC Universe, though Superman/Wonder Woman has tried to breach the gap a little.
Well, David Finch’s take is probably going to be more in keeping with the Justice League version – and indeed the upcoming movie version.
Finch was quite a coup when he came to DC Comics from Marvel, this is a solid way of keeping Finch at the publisher…
- Justice League Of America Tops Advance Reorders, Followed By Image’s 25th Birthday - January 19, 2017
- Second Prints For Unstoppable Wasp, IVX And The Few - January 19, 2017
- Dan Panosian Talks To Bleeding Cool About Working With Joe Quesada On The X-Men Comic That Appears In The Logan Movie - January 19, 2017
- There’s A DC Comic In The January Loot Crate…. - January 19, 2017
- How The Green Lanterns Comic Tackles Anxiety In A Remarkably Superheroic Fashion - January 19, 2017