Bleeding Cool has learned from informed sources that rockstar comic book artist David Finch, recently on Dark Knight and currently on Forever Evil, will be moving onto DC’s monthly Wonder Woman comic.
I hear there were considerable machinations at the publisher before this appointment, but this will follow on from the end of Brian Azzarello and Cliff Chiang‘s acclaimed run on the title.
It will also probably mean a considerable change of tone for the character and the comic, somewhere closer to the Justice League portrayal rather than the uncompromising harsh tale of gods and goddesses at play that has been the comic since the New 52 relaunch.
There has been an increasing difference in the way Wonder Woman is treated in her own book and everywhere else in the DC Universe, though Superman/Wonder Woman has tried to breach the gap a little.
Well, David Finch’s take is probably going to be more in keeping with the Justice League version – and indeed the upcoming movie version.
Finch was quite a coup when he came to DC Comics from Marvel, this is a solid way of keeping Finch at the publisher…
- After Arkham Asylum 2, Dark Knight 3 And Doomsday Clock… What Sequel Could Be Next? - July 25, 2017
- Remember That Time The Savage Dragon Had Some Questions To Ask God? - July 25, 2017
- From Perfect To Real: Moving Beyond The Strong Female Character At San Diego Comic-Con - July 25, 2017
- A ‘Vikings’ Funeral At San Diego Comic-Con - July 25, 2017
- A Comic Show Post-San Diego… “Some Jackass Who’s Always On Bleeding Cool” – Robert Kirkman - July 25, 2017