Bleeding Cool has learned from informed sources that rockstar comic book artist David Finch, recently on Dark Knight and currently on Forever Evil, will be moving onto DC’s monthly Wonder Woman comic.
I hear there were considerable machinations at the publisher before this appointment, but this will follow on from the end of Brian Azzarello and Cliff Chiang‘s acclaimed run on the title.
It will also probably mean a considerable change of tone for the character and the comic, somewhere closer to the Justice League portrayal rather than the uncompromising harsh tale of gods and goddesses at play that has been the comic since the New 52 relaunch.
There has been an increasing difference in the way Wonder Woman is treated in her own book and everywhere else in the DC Universe, though Superman/Wonder Woman has tried to breach the gap a little.
Well, David Finch’s take is probably going to be more in keeping with the Justice League version – and indeed the upcoming movie version.
Finch was quite a coup when he came to DC Comics from Marvel, this is a solid way of keeping Finch at the publisher…
- DC Comics April 2018 Catalog – Solicits From Action Comics #1000 to Splitting Batman In Two… - January 22, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Trinity With #22 in April 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Will Marvel’s New Young Guns Move the Needle? - January 22, 2018
- 20 Previews of Free Comic Book Day 2018 Titles, from Barrier to Relay to 2000AD Reneged - January 22, 2018
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics Solicits for April 2018 - January 22, 2018