Bleeding Cool has learned from informed sources that rockstar comic book artist David Finch, recently on Dark Knight and currently on Forever Evil, will be moving onto DC’s monthly Wonder Woman comic.
I hear there were considerable machinations at the publisher before this appointment, but this will follow on from the end of Brian Azzarello and Cliff Chiang‘s acclaimed run on the title.
It will also probably mean a considerable change of tone for the character and the comic, somewhere closer to the Justice League portrayal rather than the uncompromising harsh tale of gods and goddesses at play that has been the comic since the New 52 relaunch.
There has been an increasing difference in the way Wonder Woman is treated in her own book and everywhere else in the DC Universe, though Superman/Wonder Woman has tried to breach the gap a little.
Well, David Finch’s take is probably going to be more in keeping with the Justice League version – and indeed the upcoming movie version.
Finch was quite a coup when he came to DC Comics from Marvel, this is a solid way of keeping Finch at the publisher…
- 31 Shots Of Cosplay From C2E2 Day 2 From Neon Leia To A Full Galactus - April 22, 2017
- Legacy Numbering, Classic And Modern Characters, Value Stamps And The Return Of FOOM To Marvel Comics – What Were Bleeding Cool Scoops? - April 22, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: Smile – It’s A Good Thirteenth Life - April 22, 2017
- Talking Hydra, Marvel, Nazis, Captain America On A Saturday Morning - April 22, 2017
- Heavy Metal Have Their Own Dark Matter To Launch This Weekend At C2E2 – And You Can Drink It - April 22, 2017