Josh Trank has elected his Fantastic Four and Fox are in the process of tying down the actors’ deals. As reported by all of the Hollywood trade papers, the line up will be:
- Miles Teller as Reed Richards
- Kate Mara as Sue Storm
- Jamie Bell as Ben Grimm
- Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm
It’s said that Teller, Mara and Jordan have been amongst Trank’s picks all the while and would have been locked-in last year had production not been pushed back for some rewrites. Bell is reportedly a newer consideration, having only come into the fold during the last couple of weeks of screen tests.
Shooting on the film is set to get underway this spring ahead of a release on June 19th next year.
Her’s a quick gallery of the picks. These are who we’ll be seeing at Comic Con this summer.
We’ve pretty much known that Jordan was The Human Torch for months and months know, as well as Trank’s intentions to cast a white actress as his sister. The obvious narrative move is to make one or both of them adopted.
Bell is the real surprise, I think, but he’s also the casting that’s most exciting, right now. Not because I think he’s so great – to be honest, I have more personal affection for each of the other three and I’m really quite the avowed fan of Teller – but because this seems like, finally, a perfect match of Bell’s own temperament. The guy just seems to exude that combination of warm heart, scuffed knuckles.
Fox have even more riding on Fantastic Four this time than last time around and I think they know it. Here’s hoping they let Trank get it right.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014