From Louisville’s Courier-Journal, interviewing Nic Pizzolatto. the showrunner, producer and sole writer of HBO’s True Detective, back in 2010:
The first time I got excited about writing was reading comic books by Alan Moore and Grant Morrison as a kid. Growing up in southwest Louisiana, in a house without many books, the sophistication and depth of their stories were really mind-blowing for a kid.
There you go folks. If you like True Detective (and I do, though I probably prefer Sleepy Hollow for the wacky hijinks), it’s all the fault of comic books.
Dr Frederic Wertham was right, they do produce a disturbed mind…
- Life Is Strange #1 and Bloodshot: Rising Spirit #1 Go to Second Prints the Day Before Publishing - November 13, 2018
- The Conservative Councillor of Camden Who Paid Tribute to Stan Lee - November 13, 2018
- Talking to Kieron Gillen About Peter Cannon: Thunderbolt and DIE, With Wine and Cheese (VIDEO) - November 13, 2018
- Talking To – And About – Stan Lee - November 13, 2018
- Jonathan Ross, Correcting the BBC Over Stan Lee on Newsnight Last Night - November 13, 2018