From Louisville’s Courier-Journal, interviewing Nic Pizzolatto. the showrunner, producer and sole writer of HBO’s True Detective, back in 2010:
The first time I got excited about writing was reading comic books by Alan Moore and Grant Morrison as a kid. Growing up in southwest Louisiana, in a house without many books, the sophistication and depth of their stories were really mind-blowing for a kid.
There you go folks. If you like True Detective (and I do, though I probably prefer Sleepy Hollow for the wacky hijinks), it’s all the fault of comic books.
Dr Frederic Wertham was right, they do produce a disturbed mind…
- The Finest Comic Book Ever Published Is Back in Print: Shane Simmons’s Longshot Comics - June 19, 2018
- Donny Cates Introduces Juggerduck to Cosmic Ghost Rider – #WhoGetsWarped? - June 19, 2018
- Ryan Sands, Star of Runaways TV Series, Now Draws for the Runaways Comic - June 19, 2018
- Jeff Parker to Tell the Official World War II Origin of James Bond - June 19, 2018
- IDW’s Batman vs. Maxx and Star Trek vs. Transformers in September 2018 - June 19, 2018