In an obvious move to promote Captain America: The Winter Soldier coming out on April 4th, the 32 year old actor joins others from the film industry to hold the title including upcoming Batman Ben Affleck, Spider-Man alum James Franco, Ghost Rider Nicolas Cage and the most laid back man on the planet, Matthew McConaughey.
“What better way to kick-off ‘The Great American Race’ than with Captain America, Chris Evans, giving the command to start engines,” Daytona International Speedway President Joie Chitwood III said. “We look forward to having him be a part of our pre-race ceremonies in front of more than one hundred thousand race fans in attendance and millions more watching on FOX as we launch the 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season.”
Evans’ main duty as Grand Marshal is to say the following four words: “Drivers, start your engines.”
- Could Racially Charged Tweets Derail Top Quarterback Prospect’s Draft Hopes? - April 26, 2018
- Ninjak vs. the Valiant Universe: A Flawed but Fun Introduction to the Characters - April 26, 2018
- Exclusive Look Inside Charlie’s Angels #1 by John Layman and Joe Eisma - April 26, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: Worldkillers Showdown Coming Soon - April 26, 2018
- Dynamite Announces Exclusives for Vampirella: Roses for the Dead Collectors Box - April 26, 2018