“If Jim Shooter and Dick Giordano wrestled, who would win?”
Alan Moore has declared that he won’t give any more interviews, apart from those promoting new works. And considering the effect each interview he gives has on the comic internet, they are going to be missed. So how about an old interview, from 1987 for Film Threat magazine, a series of typed questions with hand written replies by Alan?
That’s what’s up for auction, with an expected value of £500-£700. A series of questions and answers that mostly revolve around how Alan would like to see his comics turned into films, and Alan replying that, no, actually he wouldn’t really.
Not much has changed in the quarter of a century since.
Whether someone is willing to pay the price asked for this object d’histoire remains to be seen.
But here is the full interview, replicated below.
- The Eisner Awards 2017 – Live, As They Come In - July 21, 2017
- IDW Cut Comics By 25% – And More First Strike, Star Trek, And Black Crown From The Diamond Retailer Presentation - July 21, 2017
- What It Looks Like When Retailers Race To Get Exclusive San Diego Comic-Con Swag - July 21, 2017
- Boom! Studios’ 5 Biggest Problems In Comics, And A ‘Clueless’ Graphic Novel - July 21, 2017
- Comic Book Legal Defense Fund To Train Comic Book Retailers In Their Legal Rights - July 21, 2017