“If Jim Shooter and Dick Giordano wrestled, who would win?”
Alan Moore has declared that he won’t give any more interviews, apart from those promoting new works. And considering the effect each interview he gives has on the comic internet, they are going to be missed. So how about an old interview, from 1987 for Film Threat magazine, a series of typed questions with hand written replies by Alan?
That’s what’s up for auction, with an expected value of £500-£700. A series of questions and answers that mostly revolve around how Alan would like to see his comics turned into films, and Alan replying that, no, actually he wouldn’t really.
Not much has changed in the quarter of a century since.
Whether someone is willing to pay the price asked for this object d’histoire remains to be seen.
But here is the full interview, replicated below.
- Ch-Ch-Changes- with Edgar Salazar, Grant Morrison, Howard Porter and Jorge Jiminez - January 15, 2018
- Jamie Hewlett Draws BBC Radio 4 Front Row’s Stig Abel - January 15, 2018
- IDW to Publish Rick Veitch’s Brat Pack Hardcover in September - January 15, 2018
- Meet the Pink Time Force Ranger in April - January 15, 2018
- Valiant Issues Correction for Shadowman #1 Glow-in-the-Dark Variant – They Will Publish More Than One Copy - January 15, 2018