We have been informed that Solipsist Films has optioned the right to bring Jimmy Palmiotti and Joe Quesada’s Painkiller Jane to the big screen.
Palmiotti co-wrote the screenplay with Craig Weeden and will also serve as a producer on the new adaptation of his hit comic book series about a female vigilante who gains superpowers after suffering a near fatal accident.
The comic has been adapted twice before, once as a made-for-TV movie that greatly differed from its comic book roots, and then as a short-lived TV series, which Palmiotti also wrote for. Both received lukewarm responses and middling ratings on the Sci-Fi Channel, so it’s probably about time to try it again.
The production company behind it this time also have Sin City: A Dame to Kill for and Blumhouse thriller Curve in their upcoming repertoire so there’s reason to be more hopeful this time around.
Oh and there’s a new issue published today. What good timing!
- Fox Cancels Ancient Egypt Drama Hieroglyph Before It Even Airs - June 30, 2014
- David S. Goyer Developing Horror Novel Snowblind As Miniseries Adaptation - June 30, 2014
- Tom Hardy Joins Leonardo Dicaprio In The Revenant - June 30, 2014
- Bill Hader And Kristen Wiig Are The Skeleton Twins In First Trailer - June 30, 2014
- First Look At Henry Cavill As Clark Kent In Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice - June 30, 2014