Marvel has been advertising Winter Soldier: The Bitter March on all their titles of late. A series intended to tie in (in money terms if nothing else) with the upcoming movie Captain America: Winter Soldier.
But it seems retailers might not have ordered as many of the first issue as Marvel might have liked. So they are going to double every retailer’s final order of the book, for free.
You never know, that Superbowl ad might just get a few people looking for a comic book.
Here’s what’s coming.
1966: With Nick Fury missing, and presumed dead, global espionage agency S.H.I.E.L.D. sends secret agent Ran Shen to collect two Nazi scientists with the key to defining who wins the Cold War. But the Americans are not the only ones who want the high value scientists. The Soviets have opened the Red Room, releasing their most dangerous operative –The Winter Soldier, who unbeknownst to the world, is the presumed-dead partner of Captain America-Bucky Barnes! The brainwashed soldier’s mission: to acquire the scientists by any means or to kill them should they fall into American hands.
This classic 60’s style, high-octane, spy pulp told at Cold War’s peak follows Ran Shen and his terrified scientists as they creep out of the shadow of East Berlin. Intrigue, adventure, romance and murder abound with ramifications that will shatter relationships in the modern-day Marvel Universe-including one with the Star Spangled Avenger himself!
- Blackstar Warrior Gets an Explosive Trailer From Brown Sugar - June 23, 2018
- Nick Derington Drawing Brian Bendis’ Batman for Walmart Exclusive DC Comics - June 23, 2018
- 10 Things We Can Tell You About Ta-Nehisi Coates’ Captain America #1 With Leinil Yu - June 23, 2018
- UPS Strike Off, Comic Stores Spared Disruption - June 23, 2018
- Heavy Metal’s Taarna Gets a Funko POP, Exclusive at SDCC 2018 - June 23, 2018