Though talk of a Seinfeld reunion was apparently tidied away when we recently learned Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David were collaborating on an original play, it seems that some kind of spin-off, continuation or other reflection on the great sitcom about nothing is actually coming after all.
Variety heard some talk from Seinfeld’s appearance on the Boomer and Carton radio show, whatever that is. Here are the salient bits:
- It’s not a commercial
- It’s not an episode of Comedians in Cars With Coffee
- Jason Alexander will be playing George Constanza
- Other Seinfeld characters will appear
- It’s going to be short-ish
- And it’s coming “very, very soon.”
It’s not a commercial? So that should rule out an appearance in the ad breaks of the Super Bowl, no matter how “very, very soon” makes it sound.
And what’s short-ish? Ten minutes?
I’m assuming it’s some kind of original web short that they’ve put together, likely with some kind of sponsorship. Perhaps. That’s technically not a commercial, right?
If the thing itself is very, very imminent perhaps an explanation is at least very imminent. I’ll keep you posted and in the meantime, you tell me: what chance of Michael Richards appearing as Kramer?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014