I didn’t get to take part in the Walking Dead Escape when it was premiered at Comic Con in San Diego a couple of summers back.
This did disappoint me, for sure, but I promise you it was for the best. I’m not a well man, as many of you might have heard, and my lungs wouldn’t have seen me even a half way around without giving up the ghost.
So, in short, I’d be a zombie myself by now if I’d taken part.
But I have watched a number of videos online, both from that event and subsequent ones. Here’s an example of the typical POV record you can find on YouTube – though this one has been edited down from the 20 or 30 minutes it would actually have taken.
It’s not a mystery why this is proving a hit, I’m sure. Nor is it any kind of surprise that a full tour has been announced.
According to EW, the Escape destinations and dates for this year are:
Baton Rouge, LA – April 24th at Baton Rouge River Center Arena
Houston, TX – April 26th at Reliant Stadium
Miami, FL – May 3rd at Sun Life Stadium
Tampa, FL – May 10th at USF Sun Dome
Jacksonville, FL – May 17th at EverBank Field
New Orleans, LA – May 24th at Mercedes-Benz Superdome
Atlanta, GA – May 31st at Philips Arena
San Diego, CA – July 25th and 26th at Petco Park surrounding Comic Con 2014
Taking it all back home at the end there.
So there we have it, nine more days I can feel miserable and left out… but at least live to tell the whinging tale.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014