By José Luis del Río Fortich
I love Daft Punk’s new album. I think that Random Access Memories is one of the best albums of 2013. The French duo are going to joined by Pharrell Williams, Nile Rodgers, and Stevie Wonder for their Grammy performance. They’ll perform a medley of songs, including Daft Punk’s “Get Lucky” and “Lose Yourself to Dance”, Wonder’s “I Wish”, and Chic’s “Le Freak”.
But they have a surprise for all of us. Tonight Daft Punk is going to wear Star Wars helmets. As you know, in 2010 there was another connection between Daft Punk and Star Wars. They were in the Tatooine cantina scene for an Adidas commercial also featuring Snoop Dog and David Beckham.
The Star Wars official twitter says:
— Star Wars (@starwars) enero 25, 2014
The French group are very excited about Episode VII, “We’ve always been big fans of his work. I happened to have met J.J. Abrams a few years back, and he’s a really cool guy. He seems to be the perfect candidate to keep the Force alive.”
Tonight at the Grammy Awards, it could be a big opportunity to advertise the new film.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPgOjF96kpo
José Luis del Río is a child of the seventies who grew up with comics and MSX. Then he moved to the Commodore Amiga, Twin Peaks and finally to Macintosh. In his nearly 40´s he keeps reading comics, playing computer games and reviewing series. He loves Star Trek, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Zombies, Horror Movies and all those things that are not necessary in an apocalypse but we all love. He is @jldelriofortich and https://www.facebook.com/jose.delriofortich
- Giant Robots, Ninja Turtles, Monster Motors And More – Talking With Nick Roche - October 26, 2015
- Processing The Troop: Behind The Page With Joshua Cassara - October 26, 2015
- What Bengal Wants: More Wolverine Covers & Work With Rick Remender - October 23, 2015
- A Story That Keeps You Coming Back For More – We Stand On Guard So Far (#1-4) - October 23, 2015
- ‘Let’s Start A System Where The Creators Get Most Of The Money’ – David Lloyd Talks ACES Weekly - October 23, 2015