But one comic book creator has her own take on the situation, rather than just railing against the image, she’s offered an alternative. Tess Fowler wrote,
Just because the erotic art in question was made by a woman, it does not invalidate the argument that one more piece of erotic comic book art might in fact be one piece too many.
“Dude. You’re so stupid. The artist is a GIRL.” is the overall commentary lighting up forum boards right now.
Really guys? Really?
We can’t even discuss the overall effect of what’s going on in comics? We can’t have a conversation that’s intelligent with multiple sides? We have to have the age old “well if a woman’s participating somehow at some level then we’ll just ignore the army of men being sexist on multiple levels” argument?
This isn’t about a single cover. This isn’t about boycotting or outrage in the streets. This is a simple discussion about what’s lacking in a medium that we love, and how to change it. “Quick 10 minute sketch. I think so much can be done with them without going *there*. Sexualization in and of itself isn’t bad in my opinion. I just think it’s terribly uncreative.”
But she’s not just railing against the system, she’s offering an alternative. As she writes,
Quick 10 minute sketch. I think so much can be done with them without going *there*. Sexualization in and of itself isn’t bad in my opinion. I just think it’s terribly uncreative.
I’d buy this for my girls…
- X-Men Blue And Gold Enjoy Time And Relative Dimensions In Space For Marvel Legacy - July 25, 2017
- Being Spider-Man And Holding A Pig At San Diego Comic-Con - July 25, 2017
- Alex Ross’s Design For The Post-Secret Empire Marvel Legacy Falcon - July 25, 2017
- The Inhuman Royals Return To Earth In 2018 For Marvel Legacy - July 25, 2017
- Riverdale Goes Darker For Season 2 – A Report From San Diego Comic-Con - July 25, 2017