Please, watch these clips from Robocop first. We’ll discuss them after.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrpriz6IwWI
So, now we know: Cyborgs dream of electric Sinatras.
What I’m most curious about in these clips, and it’s something I sincerely hope is being shown out of a greater, explanatory context, is the moment where Robocop apparently shoots somebody in cold blood.
Now, I’m not saying he has to have a good reason for this. I’m not saying that he has to have used some sort of stun shot only. But I am saying that if he’s some sort of murdering Robobastard, I hope it’s not just a weird, out of character moment that isn’t in any way rooted or addressed.
Really, filmmakers, please do reinvent “heroes” as “assholes” if you so wish, just be cognizant of the implications and embrace them in your film’s meanings and subtext.
Robocop will be along on February 7th. I’m absolutely fascinated by this thing and can’t wait to see it in its entirety.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014