Denis Bajram’s Universal War One was one of the most outstanding graphic novels that got reprinted in English by Marvel during their four year long joint-venture with French publisher Soleil (2008-2011). Originally released in the sumptuous oversized European format, Marvel adapted the material into US-sized format: 6 comic-books and 2 hardcover collections.
Recently, Variety reported on a big screen adaptation assigned to U.S. scribe Skip Woods, whose credits include “X-Men Origins: Wolverine” and “A Good Day to Die Hard,”
Unsurprisingly, such a high-profile book has now sparked the interest of a new English-language publisher, Titan Comics, whose plans to aggressively increase the European originated section of their catalog were covered by Bleeding Cool recently
Now, on top of that, Titan wants to collect Universal One War, the whole 300 page shebang, into one single volume.
But first, they have to convince Denis Bajram. The one-man orchestra who writes, pencils, inks, colors and letters the Universal War saga, and who recently released in France the first installment of the long-awaited second part Universal War Two, is seriously ponder the offer he has received from Titan Books’ comic label.
At least, that’s what we can infer from this post on his Facebook wall, where he asks:
“Question aux pros du marché comics anglo-saxon : Universal War One en intégrale anglaise chez Titan Books, est-ce que ça vous parait être une bonne idée ?”
Yes, Denis, it does sound like a good idea…
- So What’s Coming From Mark Millar And Millarworld In 2019 With Netflix? - November 20, 2018
- Full Boom Studios Catalog for February 2019 – With Hotel Dare for April - November 20, 2018
- The Daily LITG, 20th November 2018 – Happy Birthday Mahmud Asrar - November 20, 2018
- The Full DC Comics Catalog for February 2019 – Going Young - November 19, 2018
- Will Heroes In Crisis #6 Feature Oculus Rift or Playstation VR? - November 19, 2018