Well, we kinda worked it out last year. But now it’s been officially confirmed. Titan Comics have the North American Doctor Who comics license from BBC Worldwide.
As for the rest of the rumour, that Titan comics would take the Doctor Who magazine away from Panini and bring it in house, creating a European-and-North-America license, we don’t know. It was certainly discussed. But it would seem odd for the British based Titan Comics to publish Doctor Who comics that couldn’t officially be distributed in Britain, as was the case with IDW…
Here’s the PR bumf. I wonder if they’ll use that unused Mark Waid script?
In the universe of Doctor Who regenerations bring not only a new Doctor but often a fresh look and feel to the series and BBC Worldwide is bringing that same approach to Doctor Who comics as it signs a new deal with Titan Comics. The deal will open up the world of Doctor Who and provide fans with new stand alone adventures featuring the Tenth Doctor, Eleventh Doctor and after the new series launch, the Twelfth Doctor. Creative and production teams will be announced in the coming weeks and the first comic books will be released in 2014.
- A New Wolverine Comic From Marvel in April 2018… - January 19, 2018
- Martin Rowson to Adapt Karl Marx’s Communist Manifesto as a Graphic Novel, and More from SelfMadeHero in 2018 - January 19, 2018
- All 3 Marvel Comics Nominated for GLAAD Awards Have Been Cancelled - January 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Signs Kelly Thompson as an Exclusive Creator - January 19, 2018
- Nancy Silberkleit Now Distributing Her Own Archie Comic, Featuring Scarlet, One Copy at a Time - January 19, 2018