Well, we kinda worked it out last year. But now it’s been officially confirmed. Titan Comics have the North American Doctor Who comics license from BBC Worldwide.
As for the rest of the rumour, that Titan comics would take the Doctor Who magazine away from Panini and bring it in house, creating a European-and-North-America license, we don’t know. It was certainly discussed. But it would seem odd for the British based Titan Comics to publish Doctor Who comics that couldn’t officially be distributed in Britain, as was the case with IDW…
Here’s the PR bumf. I wonder if they’ll use that unused Mark Waid script?
In the universe of Doctor Who regenerations bring not only a new Doctor but often a fresh look and feel to the series and BBC Worldwide is bringing that same approach to Doctor Who comics as it signs a new deal with Titan Comics. The deal will open up the world of Doctor Who and provide fans with new stand alone adventures featuring the Tenth Doctor, Eleventh Doctor and after the new series launch, the Twelfth Doctor. Creative and production teams will be announced in the coming weeks and the first comic books will be released in 2014.
- Watchmen Lenticular Covers For Batman And Flash “The Button” Story Won’t Be In Previews – Retailers Have To Order Now - January 18, 2017
- Justice League/Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #1 Gets A Nice New Cover For Its Second Print… - January 18, 2017
- Looks Like Captain Marvel Was Right About Civil War II – But Has The US President Abandoned Her? - January 18, 2017
- DC Comics’ New Gay Superhero, The Ray – In His Own Words - January 18, 2017
- Valiant Goes To Space – Six Pages From X-O Manowar #1 - January 18, 2017