Well, we kinda worked it out last year. But now it’s been officially confirmed. Titan Comics have the North American Doctor Who comics license from BBC Worldwide.
As for the rest of the rumour, that Titan comics would take the Doctor Who magazine away from Panini and bring it in house, creating a European-and-North-America license, we don’t know. It was certainly discussed. But it would seem odd for the British based Titan Comics to publish Doctor Who comics that couldn’t officially be distributed in Britain, as was the case with IDW…
Here’s the PR bumf. I wonder if they’ll use that unused Mark Waid script?
In the universe of Doctor Who regenerations bring not only a new Doctor but often a fresh look and feel to the series and BBC Worldwide is bringing that same approach to Doctor Who comics as it signs a new deal with Titan Comics. The deal will open up the world of Doctor Who and provide fans with new stand alone adventures featuring the Tenth Doctor, Eleventh Doctor and after the new series launch, the Twelfth Doctor. Creative and production teams will be announced in the coming weeks and the first comic books will be released in 2014.
- Speculator Corner: Digging Up The First Lockjaw Solo Comic - July 22, 2017
- Bill Adler’s ‘Letters To Batman’ From 1966 Republished As Fanmail ’66 - July 22, 2017
- DC Comics Variant Covers For August From Dale Keown, Emanuela Lupacchino, Frank Cho, And Stanley Artgerm Lau - July 22, 2017
- Video: Teen Wolf Cast Answers Questions About The Final 10 Episodes - July 22, 2017
- Can Stargate Really Work As A New Show Set In 1928? - July 22, 2017