How do you fancy the casting of Dame Judi Dench as Mon Mothma in the next Star Wars movie? That’s what Big Shiny Robot are trying to sell us.
While I find this rumour quite amusing, I’m not sure I believe it. This sounds too much like a slightly sarcastic fanboy invention.
Actually, if this is the kind of casting JJ Abrams is cooking up, I’d at least respect it. He’d be working from the inside out, and trying to match an actor to the character. It’s only from the outside looking in, where a rumourmonger might well be trying to cook up a combination of actor and role all at once that this seems so absurd and funny.
Here’s Caoline Blakiston in the role:
Blakiston is still working, appearing in the BBC’s Father Brown just last week, so it’d be a terrible shame to see her passed over for Star Wars. It’s obvious why they called in Genevieve O’Reilly for episode three, needing a younger performer, but now?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014