So here’s that cover to Flash Annual #3. You know the one that reintroduces Wally West.
People aren’t that happy. On Newsarama they say,
So Wally is Electro-Supes now? What year is it in the DCnU?
On CBR they say,
Wally West’s return to be ruined by Brett Booth? Not to mention Vendetti? Oh DC, you guys sure know how to poop a party.
I think I’ll need a lot more info before I decide to give this book a try. But what’s up with the Blue outfit?
On Bleeding Cool they say,
I’d be fine with the change if it wasn’t for Booth’s terrible art and worse costume design.
FUCK NO to the black costume!
But why… do they think that’s Wally West on the cover?
In the spirit of the book’s new emphasis on Barry as a forensic police scientist, let’s take a closer look at this cover….
Recently DC released a Batman thanksgiving image…that provided a buttload of clues to the future of Batman. Did they do it again, with less publicity and less transparency? Could Brett Booth be delivering more than some are giving him credit for? It looks like it.
Fro starters, remind me… how old was Wally West when he was first introduced to the DC Universe?
Well, this is a fully grown man. We have a destroyed Central City, currently being shaken up in Forever Evil. And a Speed Forced Gorilla Grodd being defeated. Which might give you clues to the post-Forever Evil world.
And a kid spraypainting the walls.
Could that kid be Wally West? Could this be an Electric Blue robotic version of The Flash? As seen on a mobile phone…
Could it actually be Reverse Flash? Daniel West, recreated as a Blue Flash? And that is the big reveal, hidden in plain sight, Wally West news being used as a feint to make us think hat’s him?
The image on the upper right is Barry Allen, the Flash. On the lower left is… a reverse image of that.
Listen how far do you want to take this, is that a garbage bag in the corner of the image, or the shadow of Pandora? Seriously, we can keep going as long as you want…
Say, I don’t suppose they are planning to swap Wally West with another Kid Flash do you? Recent issues of Teen Titans haven’t been kind to the guy…
- Ludocrats from Kieron Gillen, David Lafuente, and Jim Rossignol is Coming Soon, Honest - January 17, 2018
- Now Glénat to Publish Conan Comics, as It’s All Public Domain in Europe - January 17, 2018
- All of DC Comics Reboots Are Still Happening, Even Elongated Man’s Identity Crisis Face (Super Sons #12 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Is Avengers: No Surrender a Flipped Version of Marvel Super-Heroes Secret Wars? (Avengers #676 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Wolverine Continues to Walk Through the Marvel Universe Missing Everyone (Thor #703 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018