By Nikolai Fomich
Locust Moon Press’s Josh O’Neil, Chris Stevens, and Andrew Carl have put together a fabulous collection of comic art talent to celebrate the first great master of comic art himself, Winsor McCay, and his seminal comic strip Little Nemo in Slumberland. This all-star roster of artists includes J. G. Jones, Paul Pope, Mike Allred, Neal Adams, John Cassaday, David Mack, Paolo Rivera, JH Williams III, and now Sam Kieth, among many other extraordinary talents. That’s no hyperbole: see the list for yourself here.
Each artist will create a new strip featuring Little Nemo for the anthology Little Nemo: Dream Another Dream, which will be published in the fall of 2014, in the original broadsheet page sizes (16” x 21”), as both a hardcover book and in a newspaper edition.
Josh O’Neil, publisher of Locust Moon Press, located in the West Philadelphia comic shop Locust Moon Comics, said that, “Little Nemo in Slumberland occupies a weird space, as a foundational text of comic art that some comic book fans, even those who are very knowledgeable, aren’t really aware of.” O’Neil says that he hopes this project will introduce a new generation of fans to the wonders of McCay, while highlighting the very best talents of today. O’Neil hopes that this project will capture McCay’s formal creativity, sense of humor, and the wild imaginative world he created. With this collection of artists, he’ll certainly succeed.
Check out Locust Moon Press’s website here for sample pages and more information.
- Giant Robots, Ninja Turtles, Monster Motors And More – Talking With Nick Roche - October 26, 2015
- Processing The Troop: Behind The Page With Joshua Cassara - October 26, 2015
- What Bengal Wants: More Wolverine Covers & Work With Rick Remender - October 23, 2015
- A Story That Keeps You Coming Back For More – We Stand On Guard So Far (#1-4) - October 23, 2015
- ‘Let’s Start A System Where The Creators Get Most Of The Money’ – David Lloyd Talks ACES Weekly - October 23, 2015