The horror anthology will contain 20 all-new horror stories by writers including Justin Jordan, Cullen Bunn, Steve Niles, Duane Swierczynski, Tom Taylor, Tim Seeley, Brian Keene, F. Paul Wilson, Ed Brisson, Marguerite Bennett, Valerie D’Orazio, Paul Tobin, James Tynion IV, and many more. Nate Powell, Tradd Moore,Damien Worm, Tyler Jenkins, Drew Moss, and Andy Belanger are just some of the artists that will give visual life to the tales.
“This book is the 8-year-old Rachel’s dream come true. I wanted to make something that, had I found it on the shelves as a kid, would have been my favorite book of all time,” says Rachel Deering, In the Dark editor and project manager. “I wanted to give this generation a chance to feel that macabre magic that held me spellbound when I picked up my first horror anthology comic, and I can only hope it serves the scare the crap outta readers, young and old, for years to come.”
“Rachel has assembled an amazing team for In the Dark,” said Chris Ryall, IDW’s Chief Creative Officer/Editor-in-Chief. “The book’s successful Kickstarter campaign speaks to peoples’ interest in this project, and I’m excited that IDW can help bring the book to an even wider audience.”
Along with the terrifying original stories, this over 250-page hardcover will feature an introduction byNew York Times Bestselling author Scott Snyder and an in-depth look at the history of horror comics by comic book historian Mike Howlett.
- Early NFL Power Rankings – Switching To The NFC East - July 25, 2017
- ‘The Magicians’ Gets Ready For The Voyage Of The Muntjac - July 25, 2017
- Exclusive Extended Previews – Pathfinder: Runescars And Project Superpowers: Hero Killers - July 25, 2017
- Comic Book History Of DC Comics’ Morgan Edge - July 25, 2017
- Hot Toys ‘Roadworn Thor’ 1/6th Scale Figure Is A Bit Spoilery - July 25, 2017