The horror anthology will contain 20 all-new horror stories by writers including Justin Jordan, Cullen Bunn, Steve Niles, Duane Swierczynski, Tom Taylor, Tim Seeley, Brian Keene, F. Paul Wilson, Ed Brisson, Marguerite Bennett, Valerie D’Orazio, Paul Tobin, James Tynion IV, and many more. Nate Powell, Tradd Moore,Damien Worm, Tyler Jenkins, Drew Moss, and Andy Belanger are just some of the artists that will give visual life to the tales.
“This book is the 8-year-old Rachel’s dream come true. I wanted to make something that, had I found it on the shelves as a kid, would have been my favorite book of all time,” says Rachel Deering, In the Dark editor and project manager. “I wanted to give this generation a chance to feel that macabre magic that held me spellbound when I picked up my first horror anthology comic, and I can only hope it serves the scare the crap outta readers, young and old, for years to come.”
“Rachel has assembled an amazing team for In the Dark,” said Chris Ryall, IDW’s Chief Creative Officer/Editor-in-Chief. “The book’s successful Kickstarter campaign speaks to peoples’ interest in this project, and I’m excited that IDW can help bring the book to an even wider audience.”
Along with the terrifying original stories, this over 250-page hardcover will feature an introduction byNew York Times Bestselling author Scott Snyder and an in-depth look at the history of horror comics by comic book historian Mike Howlett.
- Writer’s Commentary: Erik Burnham Talks Red Sonja #12 - January 17, 2018
- Melissa Benoist on Playing Supergirl and Singing Sad Songs at Disneyland - January 17, 2018
- Black Lightning Strikes with Strong Premiere Ratings - January 17, 2018
- Barry O’Brien Tapped to Adapt Alex Delaware Novels for Television - January 17, 2018
- Andy Cohen to Appear on Riverdale as Himself - January 17, 2018