The most noteworthy part of Variety‘s new story on Terminator, perhaps, is a line about two actors who have opted out of being involved with the film:
Paramount had originally eyed more recognizable names like Nicholas Hoult and Garrett Hedlund to test for this role. Sources say both actors didn’t want to read which led Par to focus on actors still building a pedigree.
Eh? Nicholas Hoult I can see, just about, but Garret Hedlund didn’t want to read for a leading role in the new Terminator? I mean, I like Inside Llewyn Davies as much as anyone else, but…
Maybe the point is that they didn’t want to read for this film.
Anyway, five actors do, and apparently they will, and supposedly that will happen on Monday of next week. They’re all up for the role of Kyle Reese, the time traveller from the future that fathered John Connor in the first film. Here’s the list:
- Boyd Holbrook of The Host, Jane Got a Gun and Gone Girl.
- Tom Cocquerel of Walk Right In.
- Wilson Bethel of Hart of Dixie and Generation Kill.
- Sam Reid of Hatfields & McCoys and The Railway Man.
- Jai Courtney of Jack Reacher and that last, godforsaken Die Hard film.
Well, the unfortunate situation is that Jai Courtney is the biggest name of that list. Does that give him the edge? Well, if it does, then it makes a mockery of the actors coming in to read. Is the studio looking for an actor here or not?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014