Jesse Plemons is, to date, best known for his role as Todd in Breaking Bad. Todd wasn’t the most delightful of characters.
Plemons himself is well liked, at least round at my place and over the last few minutes, for eliciting the Google search suggestion jesse plemons matt damon. Ha.
It isn’t just Damon that Plemons looks a bit like, however. I’ll go along with The Wrap‘s observation that he looks like Mark Hamill. I can see it. Or maybe that’s just because they said it… The power of suggestion.
Why this is a concern right now is because Plemons has tested for one of the lead roles in Star Wars: Episode VII and next week, the story goes, he will be auditioning again for JJ Abrams.
So, that’s great for Plemons but, also, to be realistic, it sounds far from a done deal.
Still, unnamed agency sources have apparently called him “a serious contender” for the part. I can see it happening.
And, now I’ve seen his face, I can see the role being some kind of Skywalker Junior. Ben Skywalker, as per the pic above, borrowed from Wookiiepedia?
Eh. P’raps. We’ll see. And I wonder, based again on a sort of facial features comparison – though one that’s now a phase removed – if this was the same role Matt Smith was linked to?
Good luck, Plemons.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014