Back in September, Bleeding Cool ran the debut of the new Dark Horse series Skyman’s variant cover featuring President Obama, and Dark Horse have now shared some of the developmental art on that striking cover by Freddie Williams II, with colors by Dan Slott, including Williams’ sketches for the cover.
Skyman debuts next week as a four-part series written by Joshua Hale Fialkov as a spin-off from Dark Horse’s Captain Midnight universe and takes its place as part of the development of a wider array of superhero comics from the publisher. The interior of the comic features pencils by Manuel Garcia and inks by Javier Bergantiño Menor.
Here’s the finished art on the variant cover:
And here are Williams’ sketches:
Interesting how first Skyman, then Obama get increasingly emotive reactions in facial features as the action of the moment develops for Williams. Skyman #1 is arriving next week on January 15th , while Skyman #2 will reach stands February 19th.
Timed with the release of Skyman #1, this weekend Dark Horse are specifically running a sale on #0 and #1 issues of comics that relate to their “Project Black Sky” superhero lines of comics, including Captain Midnight. First issues will be .99 cents from Dark Horse digital and you can get a package of 5 zero issues for free.
- Giant Robots, Ninja Turtles, Monster Motors And More – Talking With Nick Roche - October 26, 2015
- Processing The Troop: Behind The Page With Joshua Cassara - October 26, 2015
- What Bengal Wants: More Wolverine Covers & Work With Rick Remender - October 23, 2015
- A Story That Keeps You Coming Back For More – We Stand On Guard So Far (#1-4) - October 23, 2015
- ‘Let’s Start A System Where The Creators Get Most Of The Money’ – David Lloyd Talks ACES Weekly - October 23, 2015