I think Image Comics expected to be the talk of the internet today and they are, but probably not in they way they expected. The announcements during the opening ceremonies of the Image Expo has started conversations about gender diversity in comics. Take a look at the above photo from all the presenters… I see two females and no minorities.
This is how some of the industry is reacting:
I look at the talent on stage at #ImageExpo, and it’s impossible not to notice that every creator is white.
— Joe Hughes (@JoeHughes28) January 9, 2014
Sad to see Image just recycling the same white dudes + couple of ladies. They have a great opportunity to throw more diversity into comics. — Janelle Asselin (@gimpnelly) January 9, 2014
I’m as disappointed as anyone about the lack of new women creators doing stuff at indie publishers. What needs to change to make it happen? — Steve Horton (@tropicalsteve) January 9, 2014
— Jimmie Robinson (@Jimmie_Robinson) January 9, 2014
— Tim Hanley (@timhanley01) January 9, 2014
Then that’s what happens. I’m not saying Image are saintly, but if it’s harder for more women to go creator owned there are larger reasons.
— Laura Sneddon (@thalestral) January 9, 2014
One of the conversations got good but spread out, so print screens work better here.
- B.J. Britt Having Some Fun On The Set Of Agents Of SHIELD - April 23, 2017
- Neil Gaiman Tried To Warn Us About Airline Employees - April 23, 2017
- Supergirl Gets Wardrobe Advice From Her Shrink – In Heroes With Issues - April 23, 2017
- 7 Galactic-Sized Spoilers For Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2 - April 23, 2017
- Get Caught Up With Supergirl With Season Recap - April 23, 2017