I think Image Comics expected to be the talk of the internet today and they are, but probably not in they way they expected. The announcements during the opening ceremonies of the Image Expo has started conversations about gender diversity in comics. Take a look at the above photo from all the presenters… I see two females and no minorities.
This is how some of the industry is reacting:
I look at the talent on stage at #ImageExpo, and it’s impossible not to notice that every creator is white.
— Joe Hughes (@JoeHughes28) January 9, 2014
Sad to see Image just recycling the same white dudes + couple of ladies. They have a great opportunity to throw more diversity into comics. — Janelle Asselin (@gimpnelly) January 9, 2014
I’m as disappointed as anyone about the lack of new women creators doing stuff at indie publishers. What needs to change to make it happen? — Steve Horton (@tropicalsteve) January 9, 2014
— Jimmie Robinson (@Jimmie_Robinson) January 9, 2014
— Tim Hanley (@timhanley01) January 9, 2014
Then that’s what happens. I’m not saying Image are saintly, but if it’s harder for more women to go creator owned there are larger reasons.
— Laura Sneddon (@thalestral) January 9, 2014
One of the conversations got good but spread out, so print screens work better here.
- Early NFL Power Rankings – The Frozen Tundra Of The NFC North - July 26, 2017
- Valiant Expands Merchandise and Collectibles To A Global Market - July 26, 2017
- Writer’s Commentary: F. Wesley Schneider Talks Pathfinder: Runescars #3 - July 26, 2017
- Lionsgate Grabs Script For ‘Ballerina’ As Potential John Wick Spinoff - July 26, 2017
- The Flash’s Jessica Camacho Has Been ‘Taken’ By NBC - July 26, 2017