From today’s Avengers World #1, Bruce Banner and Steve Rogers having a chat.
Bruce Banner, one of the most intelligent people in the Marvel universe, has no idea what irony means. Her loving trifles is not irony, at best, it’s bad word play.
If SHIELD had been fighting an alien race of trifle-resembling creatures, who had enslaved her and the rest of SHIELD and tortured them, before the Avengers saved them, and celebrated, not with a plate of shawarma, but a bowl of trifle, then that might be irony.
So who does understand irony?
Well naturally Spymaster. In his Irony Man suit. And yes, that’s also really terrible word play but also a little ironic too. Cue Ed Byrne and the Alanis Morrissette routine he’s been milking for two decades.
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London. Currently hosting a Game Of Thrones exhibition featuring the storyboard and illustration work of Will Simpson, who will be giving a public talk on his work on Friday evening.
- 31 Shots Of Cosplay From C2E2 Day 2 From Neon Leia To A Full Galactus - April 22, 2017
- Legacy Numbering, Classic And Modern Characters, Value Stamps And The Return Of FOOM To Marvel Comics – What Were Bleeding Cool Scoops? - April 22, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: Smile – It’s A Good Thirteenth Life - April 22, 2017
- Talking Hydra, Marvel, Nazis, Captain America On A Saturday Morning - April 22, 2017
- Heavy Metal Have Their Own Dark Matter To Launch This Weekend At C2E2 – And You Can Drink It - April 22, 2017