From today’s Avengers World #1, Bruce Banner and Steve Rogers having a chat.
Bruce Banner, one of the most intelligent people in the Marvel universe, has no idea what irony means. Her loving trifles is not irony, at best, it’s bad word play.
If SHIELD had been fighting an alien race of trifle-resembling creatures, who had enslaved her and the rest of SHIELD and tortured them, before the Avengers saved them, and celebrated, not with a plate of shawarma, but a bowl of trifle, then that might be irony.
So who does understand irony?
Well naturally Spymaster. In his Irony Man suit. And yes, that’s also really terrible word play but also a little ironic too. Cue Ed Byrne and the Alanis Morrissette routine he’s been milking for two decades.
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London. Currently hosting a Game Of Thrones exhibition featuring the storyboard and illustration work of Will Simpson, who will be giving a public talk on his work on Friday evening.
- Kirby Comics Opens in Hanover, Pennsylvania, Makes the Front Page - January 20, 2018
- Al Ewing Has a “Most Awesome, Mind-Bending Miniseries Ever” Coming from Marvel Comics - January 20, 2018
- First Peek at Wild’s End Original Graphic Novel by Dan Abnett and INJ Culbard - January 20, 2018
- 28-Page Preview of Super Suckers #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 20, 2018
- A Chat with Travis McIntire, Publisher of Source Point Press - January 20, 2018