From today’s Avengers World #1, Bruce Banner and Steve Rogers having a chat.
Bruce Banner, one of the most intelligent people in the Marvel universe, has no idea what irony means. Her loving trifles is not irony, at best, it’s bad word play.
If SHIELD had been fighting an alien race of trifle-resembling creatures, who had enslaved her and the rest of SHIELD and tortured them, before the Avengers saved them, and celebrated, not with a plate of shawarma, but a bowl of trifle, then that might be irony.
So who does understand irony?
Well naturally Spymaster. In his Irony Man suit. And yes, that’s also really terrible word play but also a little ironic too. Cue Ed Byrne and the Alanis Morrissette routine he’s been milking for two decades.
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London. Currently hosting a Game Of Thrones exhibition featuring the storyboard and illustration work of Will Simpson, who will be giving a public talk on his work on Friday evening.
- Jim Starlin Made More From A Small Character In Batman V Superman Than From Thanos, Drax And Gamora In The Marvel Movies - January 24, 2017
- The Small Town Barbeque Vampires Of “Redneck” By Donny Cates, Lisandro Estherren And Dee Cunniffe From Image/Skybound In April - January 23, 2017
- Topps To Publish A Trump-Based Garbage Pail Kids Comic – Donald Dump! - January 23, 2017
- What Will Happen To Task Force X After Justice League Vs Suicide Squad? Just Ask Grant Morrison (SPOILERS) - January 23, 2017
- Speculator Corner: Star Wars #49 – The Last Jedi – From Marvel Comics - January 23, 2017