Before Louie, before Pootie Tang, Louis C. K. directed a comedy feature that made it into the Sundance Film Festival but despite starring now-stars Steve Carell, Amy Poehler, Conan O’Brien, JB Smoove, Wanda Sykes and others, it was never released. Well, that’s about to change, reports Screen Crush.
The film blog uncovered Louis telling Jay Leno on The Tonight Show that he will be self-releasing the black and white film, called Tomorrow Night, on his website, for $5.
You can see the trailer and official synopsis below but be warned, it’s probably not anything like you’re expecting. It’s just plain weird, but maybe just weird enough to intrigue people into a purchase.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k_Dq-NoVbI
Tomorrow Night chronicles the loneliness of photo-shop owner Charles, an acerbic, repressed man with an unquenchable “taste” for ice cream. His energetic and overly cheerful postman Mel convinces him that what he really needs is womanly companionship. On the other side of town is Florence, a lonely old woman with a mean, vociferous husband. When Florence isn’t being tortured by her husband, she pines away for Billy, her son in the army who hasn’t written in twenty years and who makes Gomer Pyle look like Einstein. To top it off, the only friend Florence has is Tina, a sweet yet crude and scruffy young man who dresses in old-lady drag. Tina convinces Florence that maybe she needs a little extracurricular spice in her life. Enter Charles, who gets off on the thought of a clean and orderly household, and you have a match made in heaven. From there, things get even weirder.
- Fox Cancels Ancient Egypt Drama Hieroglyph Before It Even Airs - June 30, 2014
- David S. Goyer Developing Horror Novel Snowblind As Miniseries Adaptation - June 30, 2014
- Tom Hardy Joins Leonardo Dicaprio In The Revenant - June 30, 2014
- Bill Hader And Kristen Wiig Are The Skeleton Twins In First Trailer - June 30, 2014
- First Look At Henry Cavill As Clark Kent In Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice - June 30, 2014