For the most part, last year’s nifty, inventive detective drama The Bletchley Circle, was every bit as satisfying a mystery caper as the BBC’s Sherlock. I’m glad to report that it’s back for more, with the first trailer finally making its way online just a few days before the January 6th premiere date.
The basic premise – because this trailer doesn’t really establish it – is that a group of women who worked together as code-breakers at Bletchley Park are still friends after the war and put their incredible skills to use solving crimes. Guy Burt’s scripts are good and the cast are wonderfully likeable.
The first, three-part series is available now on Netflix in both the UK and the US. Do give it a go – there’s plenty of time before the second, four-episode, two-mystery series kicks off on Monday night.
(UPDATE: ITV not only post the trailer incredibly late, they then deleted it and reposted it. I’ve changed the embed now. Sorry for their attempts to thwart their most interesting show)
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014