The series originally ran from 2008 to 2012 and then started up again in August of 2013. It tells the story of professional manga artist Yuki Aito and the professional/personal relationships he has with his assistant and staff… all of whom appear to be female.
Here are a few random sample pages from the series:
The new anime will be produced by ZEXCS, directed by Takeshi Furuta and have characters designed by Hitomi Tsuruta.
This shows the contrast in culture between comic books and manga. A manga artist making a comic about a manga artist and the people he works with is very insular. I couldn’t see the same concept working in the U.S. comic market unless somehow his characters were coming to life or he ended up getting murdered.
This is the second anime inspired by a Hiroyuki series, the first being Dojin Work back in 2007.
- NFL Post Mortem – 2017 Cleveland Browns - February 20, 2018
- Gail Simone and Walter Geovani Reunite for Red Sonja / Tarzan #1 - February 20, 2018
- Black Lighting Season 1: a 360 Video of the Pierce Family Talking About Black Lightning - February 20, 2018
- Walton Goggins to Star in CBS’s Pilot for L.A. Confidential - February 20, 2018
- The Flash’s Grant Gustin and Tom Cavanagh Play Idiots in New Short Film - February 20, 2018