The series originally ran from 2008 to 2012 and then started up again in August of 2013. It tells the story of professional manga artist Yuki Aito and the professional/personal relationships he has with his assistant and staff… all of whom appear to be female.
Here are a few random sample pages from the series:
The new anime will be produced by ZEXCS, directed by Takeshi Furuta and have characters designed by Hitomi Tsuruta.
This shows the contrast in culture between comic books and manga. A manga artist making a comic about a manga artist and the people he works with is very insular. I couldn’t see the same concept working in the U.S. comic market unless somehow his characters were coming to life or he ended up getting murdered.
This is the second anime inspired by a Hiroyuki series, the first being Dojin Work back in 2007.
- Agents of SHIELD Season 5, Episode 22 Recap: The End - May 19, 2018
- HBO Chooses the Cleveland Browns for the New Season of Hard Knocks - May 18, 2018
- Krypton Season 1: Decrypting Episode 9, ‘Hope’ - May 18, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: Who is Coville’s Cult Worshiping Now? - May 18, 2018
- Agents of SHIELD Season 5: 2 Sneak Peeks at Tonight’s Season Finale - May 18, 2018