Two of the legends of movie poster art, Drew Struzan and Bob Peak, are getting an exhibit of their work at the Forest Lawn Museum in Glendale, CA. The exhibit, called The Masters Of Movie Art runs January 24th through May 26th.
Now some of you may be thinking… wait, isn’t Forest Lawn a cemetery? Yup. Turns out this may be one of the best kept secrets in Southern California. Forest Lawn Cemetery has a small museum that is open to the public with free admission. I’ve lived in and around Los Angeles my whole life and had never heard of it. Nor anyone I’ve asked about it since. So if you are looking for something cool to do in Los Angeles in the coming months, go check out some of the best movie poster art of all time… in a very unique place.
And I got through the article without making one cliche joke about cemeteries.
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 1, Episode 7 Recap: Manifest - June 17, 2018
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 1, Episode 6 Recap: Suckas Need Bodyguards - June 17, 2018
- Stephen Amell Tells Arrow Writers to Write Like There’s No Tomorrow - June 17, 2018
- Exclusive: First Look at Martin Morazzo’s Cover for She Could Fly #3 - June 17, 2018
- Seth MacFarlane is Embarrassed to Work for Fox After Tucker Carlson Comment - June 17, 2018