UPDATE: The Motley Fool have retracted their story… with no explanation. Oops! Original report follows.
Sometimes, investors are the first to know, and certain types of information – long term franchising plans, for example – seem particularly suitable to the job of buoying up shareholders.
According to their story, Fox are planning a movie based on the Fantastic Four vs. The X-Men comics of 1987. It would be the studio’s crossover for their two chief strands of Marvel superheroes.
Of course, this would come after the upcoming Fantastic Four picture and, presumably, after 2016’s X-Men: Apocalypse.
If The Fool have their facts right,
the movie will see the characters against each other because of secrets regarding the Fantastic Four’s origin.
So, has word wriggled down the grapevine to investors and, ultimately, investment writers? Or is this speculation – pun intended? I personally find it rather unlikely that any film would follow this particular comics plot line too closely.
In any case, the only thing that could stop an X-Men and Fantastic Four crossover would be contract negotiations with the X-players. There’s no way Fox wouldn’t want to take a punt on this.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014