I’ll come out and say that I’m very sceptical about this story. Very. If it turns out to be true, I’ll eat all the humble pie and a jar of pickled eggs.
So, the ground floor for this rumour is a claim from a few weeks back, coming from a website that alleged Denzel Washington had been testing for the role of Lex Luthor in Zack Snyder‘s next Superman film. Well, he had not. That story was just not true. At all. Definitively.
The next floor up, where we are now, sees Nuke The Fridge alleging that Washington will, against all odds, be involved in the film. Their twist, however, sees him cast as John Stewart, Green Lantern.
Now, I can’t 100% say this isn’t true. Not personally. But I can say that I 100% don’t believe it.
Though those aren’t, of course, the same thing.
I’d like think Warner Bros. and the filmmakers would consider using John Stewart as a character for at least a couple of reasons. And yes, one would be race related. We just don’t have a sufficiently diverse spread of superheroes on screen, I’m sure of that, and this would at least be a small strike against that.
That, if anything, is the conversation worth having here. And yes, I do mean for the one thousandth time. We should keep talking about it until the problem doesn’t exist any more.
But… I don’t believe it. Do you?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014